June 8, 2010
BBQ Pork Buns

In the 1980's I worked with a family who were Chinese. This company celebrated a lot of things and we had many pot lucks and lunches. Some that I organized. When we had a pot luck type function, our Chinese coworkers would bring in these steamed pork buns. We called them Bao. I know that they would stop in downtown LA, China Town, and pick them up. I wish I knew what restaurant they use to get them at. I hadn't thought of these pork buns for years, but while watching the Cooking Channel they showed some being made and it made me melancholy. Those years and that job was a good time for me, and now I'm on a quest for BBQ Pork Buns, or Bao or Cha Su Bao, whatever the name. I've been trying to find a place on yelp.com but it's confusing because they seem to also call them by other names, one being pork dumplings. And I don't want a dumpling. I'm thinking that can't be it. Also, there are steamed buns and baked buns that they put honey on the top after baking. I'd like either kind, but I want to find the kind with the sweet pork filling. I found a place that I think carries the ones I'm looking for I'm going to try tomorrow.

Labels:






3 Comments:

Anonymous Easy said...

your blog was very nice. thankyou for your nice writings. Images are of nice quality.

Blogger david santos said...

Really great work. Congratulations!
Have a nice day.

Anonymous Alluria said...

I'd like either kind, but I want to find the kind with the sweet pork filling.

Post a Comment

<< Home