June 25, 2005
Cotton Ease


I'm becoming a Cotton Ease hoarder. After seeing some other knitting bloggers stash and then how beautifully this yarn knits up, well, I had to get some! :) I went to Joann's and they did have it on sale but not at $1.00 a skein like some people are finding. :( Still very affordable, so I found 7 skeins in a pretty lavender and 5 skeins in a nice spring green. They had some other colors but not enough of one color except this sunflower yellow and I wasn't sure I liked it well enough to stock up. I was going to take a pic of my find but left digital camera at home (I'm at work this a.m.) I did go look at Walmart and Michaels but they did not have any Cotton Ease.

So then I had to start a project with it and I've been owing my mother a baby set for awhile for a coworker, it's one of those projects that I've been commissioned to do and I've started probably 3 different projects for her, and I hate the yarn, or I hate the pattern, or I hate the two colors together, it's just been a real struggle to get this done for her. And then when I talk to my dear sweet mamacita and tell her about other projects I'm working on....then I feel bad and guilty, but she never says anything about it. I have the best Mom in the whole wide world. So anyway, long story short, I'm getting her project done and I'm using the green Cotton-Ease. I'm making a patterned cable sweater and a hat. I started last night and really got into it, I finally had to put it down around 1 a.m. and get to bed. I woke up and knitted some more. I'm at the point where I don't have to refer to the pattern, I can knit as I go and see the stitches, I love that! I'll post a pic of my progress as soon as I can. But this yarn is lovely, I really am enjoying it. Now I have to go find all the Joanns in the area and check our their stock.

I work at a yarn place that also serves food and drinks, I really like it there but I'm having trouble getting hours, really disappointed about that. I called today and I don't work tomorrow and am not scheduled for the week. I usually work atleast on Sat. afternoon and 4-6 hours on Sunday. Thank God it's a part-time, I'll have to look for something else to supplement. The local bead shop is starting to carry yarn and teaching knitting so maybe I can do something there.

Going to meet for dinner tonight with my mom's coworker who is here visiting from CA. She's a really nice lady. I'm picking them (her and her sister) up in Minneapolis and we may go to the Mall of America to one of the places for dinner. Looking forward to that.





2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

That's why I'm afraid to buy any Cotton Ease. I've never tried it before, but if I get addicted it'll just be too bad for me. I'd love to work at a yarn shop or bead shop, but I guess it only counts if they actually schedule you. Unless you're only in it for a discount... :)

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I went a little overboard with the cotton ease and had to stop myself from buying more. I really wanted some more Mint but they didn't have any more. Oh well I'm just gonna have to get over it heehee :)

Post a Comment

<< Home