June 27, 2005
feeling blue...

I got a lot of knitting done this weekend. I'm working on the baby sweater and i've finished the back, the two front sides and one of the sleeves. The sleeves i thought would be difficult because there is a cable strip that you make and then you pick up stitches and knit the rib and then you pick up stitches on the other side of the cable and knit the sleeve and i cannot believe how good it looks, the edge is even. I think it's the yarn, i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that yarn. So I have another sleeve to finish, already started the cable strip. I should have that finished tonight and then i'll piece it together and then knit the collar and button bands.

I found some more Cotton-Ease to hoard. :) I bought 3 pink (the proper name is Bubblegum) and 7 turquoise (Popsicle Blue). I have no idea what i'll make with it. But i'll find something.

Here's a pic of me from Sat. when i went downtown to pick up my mom's coworker who was visiting from CA with her twin sister. We went to dinner and i really had a nice time. They are both home-economists and have very interesting backgrounds. One of their husbands just became an episcopal priest, as a second career. Very interesting.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The feeling blue part is just a lot of things that i'm dealing with. I know it'll work out, i know that the Lord is guiding me, but it just feels really icky today. I went to church yesterday with my friend John, and then we went to breakfast, i was feeling great. Then i called my mom and she said she had to talk to me, and it was re: a letter that my cousin sent her re: me and that she's worried about me, and thinking i'm in a depression....long story, but i had a good heart to heart with my mom and i feel better about that.
Then last night, kind of late, i got a call from my x-boyfriend in CA....like that's what i needed. I just found some pics of him and I together and i had been thinking of him. This is my x from HIGHSCHOOL....and he's still calling me. He's telling me how he still loves me, how he can't sleep at night thinking about me....ya, that's what i need to hear from a man who's unhappily married, who was one of the biggest loves of my life, when i'm not feeling great about things, and would really like to have someone to share things with. His sister is dying of cancer and i think that is where this is coming from. He's very emotional and we have always related well to eachother. He's upset about her being sick. He swore he wasn't drinking, but i don't know if i can believe him...





2 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I hope you get over your blues soon.

Blogger Vicki said...

Things will look up. Exes stink, especially when you're lonely. It sounds like you really do know what's going on, you just have to trust yourself and try not to get too weak.

Post a Comment

<< Home