July 21, 2005
Can't think of something cute and clever...





Oh, the pressure. Becoming a blogger and looking at all the other blogs, it can become intimidating and overwhelming. I have a vision of what i'd like this blog to look like, but i don't know how to do it yet. But i will. I'm going to learn HTML if it kills me. It won't kill me, but i really want to learn it.

I am now a RAOKer and i'm pleased. I was accepted into the group who's mission is to do Random Acts of Kindness...isn't that cool? It doesn't have to cost a thing, but the concept of it is really nice. Some people say there's too much nice in the world, but i disagree, nice is nice. I was thinking that until i get caught up with all the RAOKer emails that there is nothing from stopping me from doing a RAOK to someone locally each day. I had an idea of this a couple years ago that i wanted to do at church. I mentioned it to my cousin who is instrumental in our parish and she just didn't get it, she kind of looked at my inquisitively like, "How are you gonna do that?" well, you just do it. If there's a need and you can help, do it. Well it never happened at my church and that's my fault i guess, because i could have gone ahead with it, but she so discouraged me. I got the idea when i went to the mall one day on a Saturday and went to the food court and had a bite for lunch. I was finished with lunch and digging in my purse for something (lipstick probably) and this lady came up to me and asked if she could take my tray. First thought is, why? What does she want? What does she want to sell me? Does she have a ribbon or a card or a token or something and wants a donation? But no, she was with a church group and they were there that day, just to do RAOK. So my idea is to put a post-it note on a strangers car each day. I'm going to do it near work, or at the Target shopping center, or wherever and i'm going to leave a post it on their window and say something like "I hope you have a fantastic day today. You are a great person and many people love you. You are special to many people and i don't want you to forget. " I can't wait, i'm going to do it starting today!

I finished the Soleil sweater is Sugarplum Cotton Ease, I really like the look with the crochet edging around the arms and neckline, but my gauge is off i think. It seems too big for me and a little low cut. And i'm good at blocking, i'm wondering if there's somewhere i can take it to have it blocked. I'd rather pay to have it done right to be able to wear it. I think it'd be cute with a cute little camisole underneath.

I also finished the Pistachio Cotton Ease baby sweater and it's adorable IMNSHO! I put Noah's Ark buttons on it, because it may go to a girl or a boy. Not sure i really like the buttons but they are staying on. I was out of batteries in my digital but i will get pics posted soon.

I've now started a baby sweater in white and lavender purple stripe. I like the look of the two yarns together. I redid it last night because i had the wrong needle size and wanted to do it correctly.

I'm feeling really pretty good. I'm not having a lot side effects. There are subtle ones, but some of them are really good to have. Such as, for the last 2 years atleast i've had trouble getting to bed at a decent time. I end up just being up, watching TV or doing something and thinking, i should go to bed, but not. And then i'd be so tired in the a.m. And i'm a sleeper, always have been, i really need 8 hours or i'm not my best. So i've noticed that i get tired and want to go to bed early, so i've been going to bed earlier, like 9:30 or 10:00 and that is so great. I'm having some bad days still. The other night i wanted to be a hermit after work, didn't want to answer the phone or see anyone. So i have to remember that it can take awhile to really notice an improvement.

Last week I lost 4 lbs and i made my weekly goal of walking 3 times and i weighed in 3 x too. This week the goals are the same but i'm having trouble making the goal. But i'm not giving up.






3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! Just wanted to say welcome to the RAOK group, and I think it's a good thing to also try to RAOK in your community, in real life, you know? I for one have never heard anyone say there is too much nice in the world. I agree with you - nice is nice, and there's always room for more! :^)

Blogger Vicki said...

Sounds like you've gotten a lot accomplished! I can't wait to see the pictures. I love your idea of post-it notes, I think I'll try that. Thanks for the great idea :)

Blogger knittingnurse said...

You GO girl! It can be very disheartening to deal with having to be on medication just to feel "normal" but just you wait! You will be SOOOOOO glad to have started it once it fully kicks in.

Hang in there hon! Good for you about starting the RAOK. Positive energy attracts positive energy (I don't care WHAT my physics professor said!).

Post a Comment

<< Home