August 4, 2005
For the love of Tea

If you are a tea lover you have to read this poem. I was given a gift certificate when I became a RAOKer and everyone loves this company and says how good their tea is. Guess I'll have to get some for myself someday. I used my gift certificate for my dear sweet mother and her package is scheduled to arrive by tomorrow. I hope she'll like it. I got her an assortment of green teas loose and this cool tea brewer they have. Check it out. I'm not trying to sound like a commercial for them, but impressed with them so far. My mother has a "Tea Room" at her house. It use to be my old bedroom. It's kind of her sanctuary. She had it carpeted in a pretty green and the color scheme is burgundy and green with cherry wood furniture and this flowery wallpaper with a white background and a matching border. It really is a nice and relaxing room. When I was still at home I have done a Mother's Day Tea for her and my dad and brother and we would sit in there and use all her pretty china and teapots and different tea sets. I'd make finger sandwiches and tiny desserts and would go get Devonshire cream and make homemade scones with currants. Oh geez, I'm getting hungry. Mom and I liked to try different places around L.A. for afternoon tea. We once had tea at the Beverly Hills Hotel and wow, was that fancy. It had many courses, starting with bubbly Champagne. Very elegant and really nice. But you can go to a place that isn't quite so fancy and still get a great tea service. Another one that I loved and is very authentic is called The Rose Tree Cottage in Pasadena, CA. They are from Britain, very cultured, very nice. They make their own scones and they are yummy! I highly recommend the Rose Tree blend of tea.

You know you are a geek when you see how many subscriptions to your blog you have on bloglines and that makes you happy! :) How goofy is that? But I happened to notice yesterday that I had 3 subscriptions and one of them is mine, and today I have 32! Wow.

I heard from my friend, they got into town around 7:00, couldn't find a hotel easily so decided to go eat. I went down to join them and I had a glass of wine. I last saw her at Christmas but I had not seen her hubby since my wedding day. Really nice guy. And I had never met her 3 kids who are 10, 7 and 5. Cutey patooties and the little one is just hilarious! He's very very intelligent and it's just comical, some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. It was really, really hot and humid last night so they got to experience our Minnesota summer weather, complete with a storm last night. I told them what county we are in b/c of the storm warnings they annoyingly scroll on tv and they were not happy to know they were in tornado land. They found a cool water park to stay at the rest of the time and the kids are happy. I'm going up there tomorrow after work, we may go to the bar for happy hour and karaoke night. I'm in the mood to party with her. It's been a long time. Saturday I'm meeting them at the Mall of America and then Eric, a guy I've been dating, is hopefully going to meet us for dinner if he can get away from his golf lessons. He teaches golf and sometimes he day is unpredictable but hopefully he'll join us.

Went to my energy healer yesterday and again, I loved it! She is so worth it. I really think it's helping and going to help me get relief from my depression. I really do feel better already. But I still have very anxious times too, so I have to keep working on it. We talked a lot about my anxiety about my house in particular. My house looks like I've been feeling. It's a mess. And it's so overwhelming sometimes that I don't know what to do. She gave me this great book and I'm enjoying it so far. It's called Sacred Space by Denise Linn. I also have to apply my Flylady principles. I can do anything for 15 minutes.... You are never behind...





2 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I'm so glad that your energy healer is working out. Is something like that covered under insurance?

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Not sure that it is covered but I did get a referral from my regular GP and we're submitting it anyway. Some carriers do pay her directly.

Post a Comment

<< Home