August 24, 2005
Here's my Spirit...

The date with Miguel went fine, after I sat waiting for him for over 30 minutes and he was in the bar the whole time...We said 7:30 to 8:00 and I was on time, so he didn't come looking for me. I looked in the bar, but he was behind a pillar and it was just a sea of faces. I finally called his cell and we finally met up. He took me to a really nice steakhouse by my house and we had a fabulous dinner. I really enjoyed my dirty martini (!), and then we each had a different red wine flight with dinner. It was fun and we had no lack of conversation. I even indulged and had creme brulee for dessert! It was yum! I was most impressed when he called me that evening to make sure I made it home okay and to tell me that he had a nice time and he was happy to meet me. Thought that was really nice. He continued to call and we chatted online, but I have not heard anything from him for over a week...c'est la vie. There was something about him afterward that made me wonder if I should see him again, my gut was saying no, be careful, so i'm not hurt by him not calling. I have too much going on right now anyway and men are the last thing I want to think about.

I'm looking for a place to live, have to be out of my farmhouse by end of September, have no idea where I'm going yet. Looked at a house to share with a guy and his 21 yo son, not sure I want to live there although it could work and Simba was fine there and they were fine with her. That's my main concern is finding a place that's good for me and my child with fur. She's 13 now, going deaf, getting cataracts and slowing down, but it's harder to find a place with her. I'm hopefully going to look at another place tonight, farther from work, more toward the city, but suppose to be nice. I'm praying and knowing that the Lord will lead me where I need to be.

We had support group last night and had a full house, 6 women came and we had a lively discussion. There are 4 in particular going thru a divorce, and they have a lot of the same issues. There is one girl there whom I admire so much. She was having a bad week and was in tears last night. I may have mentioned her before. Her husband is the type of man who has bragged to friends and family that he "broke her Spirit". What a creep. But she is like a butterfly and kind of in the icky, ugly cocoon stage right now because she has so much going on with the divorce and court dates, and the adjustment for 2 small boys, so it's not easy, but I can see that soon, very soon, she'll be like a newly hatched butterfly, beautiful and splendid and ready to take on the world. She said she wants to make a t-shirt that says "Here's my Spirit", just for him and I think it is so classic and think she should. She is getting her spirit back and how dare any man want to take that away from a woman.

I received a really wonderful RAOK in the mail from Tori. She sent this really cute card and some really cute beaded stitch markers. I'm sorry but I don't have a pic of them yet. It was my first RAOK in the mail and it was SO MUCH FUN! Monday I received a RAOK from Cheryl too! (What a lucky girl I am!) She sent these adorable knitting notecards! Check out their blogs, they are both very involved and talented knitters.

No knitting news for me unfortunately. I was really sick last week, out of work for 2 days and so I knit a couple mini sweater ornaments that I'm going to RAOK people with. It gave me something to do and I love to make them. They are small enough for a barbie doll. I made one in the round from the top down. It was a little challenging, not sure I could do it full-size, but miniature was a lot of fun.

Oh, geez, I'm suppose to post a pic of my baby Simba to be on the puppy ring and I can't find the pic....I'm so scattered. I'll just have to take another pic of her and post it. Oh wait, I can post an old pic of the two of us..let's see...oh I can't find it





2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Sorry the date didn't quite work out, but I'm glad you've got a good attitude about it! His loss :)

Blogger StarKnits said...

maybe he's been busy who knows with men! i hope you find somewhere to live that will take your baby too! i can't wait to see pix!

Post a Comment

<< Home