August 3, 2005
Love is a Verb

That's my favorite saying, "Love is a Verb", i found this quote a long time ago and i've always loved it. I use that as my title on some online dating sights. I usually get from time to time some idiot who responds with stupid comments like, "How is love a verb?" or "Love is a noun?" and that is the point you yokels. If Love does not imply any action on your part, then it isn't Love in my estimation. I mentioned that to my group last night and the girls totally got it. We talked a lot about change, all of them are having to deal with many changes, a couple of them going thru a divorce, dealing with custody issues, learning to be single, learning how to not be a victim but a survivor and sometimes those changes although positive and good for them, it's hard to feel comfortable with them. I so admire these women, even the ones who are still with their abuser, because they come to the meeting with hope and want to learn how to go on from this experience. It takes a lot of courage. We did a little exercise, and you can try this. Take your hands and clasp them with your fingers intertwined as you normally would. Now look down and is your right or your left thumb on top? The lefties are the sexy people and the righties are the smart people. Or so they say! :) (I'm a lefty!) Now, unclasp your hands and shake them out and now try to clasp them with the opposite thumb on top. You can do it, right? But doesn't it feel weird? That's how change is sometimes, you can change, but it feels weird or unfamiliar. But if you were to consciously make yourself clasp your hands differently, with the other thumb on top, after a while, it'd start to feel normal and right.

Have to try and improve my cholesterol, my levels are ok overall but there are some numbers that i have to work on. My overall cholesterol is 212, it should be below 200, my bad cholesterol is a little high, can't remember the number right now but my overall ratio is 3.4 and below 5.0 is good. So that's a little confusing. Going to talk to my LAWL counselor and see what they can suggest. I think it's telling me to eat more fresh fruits and veggies and really watch the meat and dairy. I'm only worried about the dairy with cheese. I LOVE cheese. I'm not a big egg eater either.

Here is a pic of the vest i started in Popsical Blue color from Lions Brand Cotton Ease. I love the autumn color in the pic and it makes me realize that summer is almost over. Do you think the turquoise blue will be a good color with jeans or can you envision it with black dress pants for work? I'm not sure, i guess i should finish it first. But i sure wish Lions Brand was still stocking the Cotton Ease and in some muted and fall colors. All i've seen are bright and vibrant colors. It's a lot of fun to knit so far.

I found this on another blog and wanted to pass it on. A knitting blogger lost her brother in a tragic car accident and there is a group that is knitting 8" squares and sending it to the owner of this blog and she's going to put them together and give the first one to the wife of John Glick and donate any other afghans to a children's charity in his memory. If you are interested in donating a square(s) please go visit her blog.

Special (((((((hug))))))) for Stacie who's going thru a rough time right now. I am praying for you sweets!





1 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Thank you so much :) You are too sweet. And what a wonderful post. It has given me a lot to think about.

Post a Comment

<< Home