September 16, 2005
Analytical?

I'm not sure how analytical I am but I do know that I love to cook. Check out this great blog about cooking and this link is to a recipe for Beef Stroganoff. This is what I'm going to make for my family when I get home. We grew up on this but we always used the Lawry's dry sauce packet. Mom says it has to be Lawry's. But then she says they changed their packet and it's not the same, so I guess it doesn't HAVE to be Lawry's. There's nothing wrong with using the packet, it's what I'm used to, except that it has a gazillion grams of sodium in it, but I want to try it from this recipe. I love anything with mushroom in it. Doesn't this look good? I'm hungry and lunch is 15 minutes away. I'm looking forward to cooking more once I'm home. I just don't do it anymore because it's really not fun cooking for one. Actually, I'm going to be helping my friend from highschool out and I may be preparing meals for her 91 yo grandfather who lives down the street. He lives alone and needs some help. I may go clean for him and do some cooking. That'll actually be fun for me.

I crocheted a cloth last night using my grandmother's Afghan stitch that I'm going to hopefully get copyrighted. I have adapted it to my taste, changing the sizing, but it's the only crocheting I enjoy lately. Then I had some left over yarn, the one that I love the colors and it's too expensive and I made a crocheted bookmark out of it. Kind of cool if I do say so myself. Pics to follow... maybe tomorrow when I'm at work.

**I started this post Friday so it's Monday today and I'm continuing...

I'm in love! With Craig Ferguson. Did you see him on the Emmy's? Oh, my goodness....he is so handsome. He keeps me up too late at night b/c I just love him on the Late Late Night Show. I love his humor, I like that cute grin he gets. And the accent, the voice....he could talk me to sleep anytime. And he is a dog lover AND he also has a dog named Simba. He's a good age for me, 5 years older. He's the guy that my ex-hubby would say, "Well of course you like him, he's tall, dark and handsome". He was very fair and hated it that guys I was attracted to were always tall and dark... well, geez, I married him, didn't I?...anyway, I've been watching him for awhile now on his late night show and I just think he's a hoot. He has a way of telling a story. It can be about the silliest thing but he is definitely a story teller. And sometimes he gets a little naughty, but he's very subtle. He tapes the show in LA, I'm going to try and get tickets. Now, I'm not trying to be stalker like, but I would love to see him in person.

My poor sweet Mamacita....she was laid off work last Friday. Such a shocker. My mom is the best, really she is, and she is use to having routine. She worked for a company for over 30 years, in different capacities but that's a long time at one company. Then they sold and were moving operations to Tennessee, she'd never move from CA, so she went to work for a competitor which was a hard move for her, change and all, then they sold...so she works for another company...and then they outsource her job to New Zealand...well thank you very much. She wasn't so happy there but this was a shock. But I'm so proud of her. She has a great attitude, she knows the Lord is taking care of her and she said for the first time in her life, she was going to collect unemployment and find the right job for her. She will only work maybe for another 7 years (maybe more, she loves working) and I want her to find a place that will appreciate her. She's not nervous about flying out and driving back with me either, she really has no time constraints now.

I found a 1 lb. cone at WMart and unfortunately knit and crocheted too much this weekend and didn't get any packing done. I'm going to put it on hold for now I think until after the move. It's giving me anxiety. I have to get my move done. And one of the girls at work wanted to buy some of my dishcloths and I didn't know what to charge her. I decided $4 a piece, she paid me $5. That was cool. Here's a pic of some of my work.

This is the group of them, minus 3 that i sold...Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is them individually, the little ones are bookmarks i made from the ends of the yarn: Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is one in the pattern i'm going to copyright in my Grandma's honor: Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's the 3 i sold, they are in a natural cotton color: Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm not sure what to do about my Gimme Some Needles Pal. She has not posted her questions, she hasn't updated her blog in almost 3 weeks, i've sent ecards and emails from my anonymous email and no response? I've asked the hostesses of GSN and she said to keep trying and maybe just send her sock needles b/c i know from her blog she knits socks, but it's turning out not to be so fun to be her Pal. Well, maybe something came up and she's just not available, whatever. I have to just concentrate on taking care of her before i leave for CA but it'd be so nice if I knew more about her.

My SP6 Pal is really sweet, sending me notes and keeping in touch. My GSN Pal, well i'm not sure i've heard from him/her yet? I should go look...thinking of that now. Oh, i could have anyway but i'm so scattered right now. So don't be mad if you have contacted me and said hi.

I was a tad consumed with thoughts of the ex-bf this weekend. I guess i'm worried about him because he left me a mysterious message about 3 weeks ago at home. He said that he needed to talk to me, that there were a lot of changes going on, then he said, they were all good, but he needed to talk to me. He mentioned he was "getting out of there" which i'm not sure what it meant. I did try to call him back but it was busy, busy, all night and then the recorder and if he was home he would have picked up. My friend and her hubby haven't heard anything from him. And i disconnected my phone when i got my cell phone and he doesn't have that number, so if he called again... Truthfully i hope he went into rehab so he can get his life together. He really is a great guy but the drinking, it's destroying him. I shouldn't worry, he's not mine to worry about, but i can't help it.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home