September 7, 2005
For my SP6

I joined SP6, which is the 6th go round for a Secret Pal group! I'm so excited, this will be my first exchange and I love this whole concept. So i'm suppose to post this for my SP6 so that when we are matched up next week he/she (i shouldn't assume they are all ladies i guess), will know a little about me and my preferences.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? No, I like any kind of yarn. I avoid some of the Red Heart, the scratchy kind, most of the worsted weight is kind of scratchy. I love Lion Brand (Cotton Ease is my favorite but very hard to find now) and any other natural fiber yarns.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Yes, I do spin on an Ashford Elizabeth wheel. And yes, i first learned how to crochet by my grandma when i was about 6 i think. I usually only crochet this one type of afghan that i've never seen a pattern published and am working on getting published in her honor, and i sometimes crochet christmas ornaments (snowflakes) and i also crochet sock trims.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) As far as i know i'm only allergic to some meds. I once broke out in hives they thought from cashews or strawberries, but i can eat them now with no trouble.

4. How long have you been knitting? I taught myself to knit when i was about 26. I had tried to teach myself before but got frustrated, but at 26, i needed something to get my mind off my marriage and i learned again. It was therapy for me.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, but i should create one i think.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like flowery scents, peony, daffodil, carnation, lavender, citrusy, and herbal.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes...I love sour candy, sweet tarts, lemon heads, the stuff that makes you pucker. I also like Lindt white chocolate truffles and See's candies.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Besides spinning, knitting, crocheting....hmmm. Well, i tat, cross-stitch, needlepoint, anything with a needle. I've made cards, i love to paint, want to learn to watercolor.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like Christian Contemporary, Country, Pop, i like almost all kinds of music. My current favorite is Paul Anka-Rock Swings. I like soulful and celtic music.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I'll say purple but i like all colors. Personally i wear a lot of dark jewel tones and black. But in the winter i love winter white. I love pinks, pale to a bright fuschia. I like autumn colors too.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Divorced, no children (love kids, just think the Lord knew me and x-hubby should not have any) My child is my 13 yo Labrador/Rott named Simba. I raised her from 3 days old, so she is my baby.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) Would love to find a good man to share life with, marriage, will take any children that God gives me. Another dream is to own a knitting/coffee shop. (Me and a highschool girlfriend are working on this, it may be a reality soon!)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love handspun wool, any kind. Natural or dyed. I love Lion Brand Cotton Ease, there are so many lovely yarns out there it's hard to decide. I also love the Merino handspun from Uruguay, it's lovely to knit with.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Those stray ones that get under my contacts and feel like i have a 2x4 in my eye... ;)

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Socks! I love socks, they are a quick and satisfying project. But i want to make a felt bag too.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, for the reason above.

17. What are you knitting right now? Socks, mini sweater ornaments, a pink scarf, a vest, finishing a Soleil sweater, finishing an afghan, a lace plain poncho that i ended up not having enough yarn and don't want to buy another skein so i'm ripping out and going to make a shawl until the yarn runs out.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I like them, i've made two, i've worn it, but already it seems they are going out of style.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I would knit with toothpicks, i don't care. I like them all. I saw some cool GLASS needles that i had never seen before but they were like $30 and up...

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Yes....

21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes

22. How did you learn to knit? Taught myself, my first project was a sweater and i twisted the stitches, ripped out and did again. Good way to learn. I was too ambitious, i shouldn't have started with a sweater, but i do that.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Oh boy.....??

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I like Jack in the Box. I also think Hello Kitty is cute. My favorite animal is dogs, but i like all animals. I also love chickens, roosters and sheep.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, without a doubt.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Too many things, i collect salt cellers or salt boxes, pink or red willow ware and other ceramic kitchen items. I collect books, Boyd's Bears figurines and other items like the plush bears and animals. Yarn, but i don't collect, i just like it.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None, but i'm a major mag freak. I LOVE Cast On, just found that one. Anything from Interweave and Vogue Knitting.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Yes, Rural free;: A farmwife's almanac of country living. It's not in print and i can't find it anywhere.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? I love the big pattern books, like the Debbie Bliss ones, but haven't bought one yet.





2 Comments:

Blogger Tori said...

Hi Michele,

I love the SP questionaire's, your faithful readers get to learn a bit too. Give Simba a bunch of big ol' sloppy kisses from my 3 pups and uh a few from me too :-). Take care, Tori P.S. I like the new button at the top of your page with the skeins in the background.

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Thanks Tori, I have quite a few new buttons i'm going to post (including your wonderful creations) but i'm trying to learn how to post them properly.

I'll give Simba a kiss from you.

Post a Comment

<< Home