September 22, 2005
I love Buttons!

Looky what I had in my mailbox yesterday!

It's my first SP6 package receipt and I feel like such a lucky girl! I'm just so tickled. I'll affectionately call my SP6 "Buttons"...well Buttons sent a really nice card (see on the far left), and a card for me to send that says Knit on the front and is all glittery, She sent some adorable Hello Kitty stickers (how'd you know i LOVE stickers?!), a Halloween Pez dispenser, some SOUR jelly bellies (yum!), a really cute note inside AND this beautiful Lana Grossa sock yarn! The last pair of socks i made was with this yarn and i really love it. Love how it stripes. So then i wasn't going to knit anymore because i need to be packing....but i couldn't just let that beautiful yarn sit there....could I?....um, no....So i did THIS last night.

Here's a close up. Isn't it beautiful how it stripes? So anyway, thank you Buttons, you are the best!

My boss has a daughter living in New York, she was there during 911, worked blocks away but she was fine. She just went to visit her and they visited Ground Zero and brought back this book for me, signed by the Author. It's called The Little Chapel That Stood by A.B. Curtiss. How cool is that? It's a children's book, based on a poem she wrote and her daughter encouraged her to make it into a book.

Feeling a little bad about losing a subscriber... I noticed that I lost a few subscribers according to bloglines and i checked on one and she did unsubscribe and it made me feel a little bad. I think (and i may be totally wrong) that she did it after i made a reference to my faith beliefs. She and I are very different but i enjoy reading her blog. Her life is nowhere like mine, but that's ok in my opinion. I guess i felt a bit judged. But I have decided that i'm not going to let this bother me because this is my blog and i'm going to be true to myself and who i am and if people are uncomfortable with that, that's okay. I'll continue to read her blog though. On the other hand i'm turning into a real bloggeek, because my counter topped over 900 and that made me smile...

My Alphabetized Existence. I got this idea from a friends journal. She is going through the alphabet to describe things in her own life. So i'm going to start mine soon. And once i get through the alphabet i may just add to it as i feel like. Oh lets see, maybe i'll start now.

~A~
apples
~i don't like pithy apples but i think apples are beautiful. There's something very perfect about apples. Apple butter is my favorite thing to can. Maybe because it's so simple.
aunts~my favorite Aunt is my Aunt Carolyn. I guess i shouldn't be saying this because if my family read this it could hurt someone's feelings. I can't think of an aunt i don't like, but aunt Carolyn has always been my favorite. She is really down to earth. She finds the humor in life. She loves irony. She has a sarcastic nature that is attractive in some way. She's one of those people who when she sees you, you know she's happy to see you. She has a fantastic singing voice, but doesn't sing much, her sister was always known as the singer. She is the Aunt who one night my boyfriend scared me (about 20 years ago) and i called her and she came and picked me up and took me home without prying or bugging me about what happened. I needed her, she was there. I admire her. I have had funny names of Aunts. There was a great Aunt Skeeze and an Aunt Noogie. There still is an Aunt Toots. The other thing about Aunts is how my Aunt Carolyn would be pronounced like saying "Ant" because in California that is how it's said, but in MN, i have Aunts or pronounced "AUUHHHNTs" or like how it sounds in the word gaunt. Isn't that odd, i had the hardest time adjusting to that when i moved here, but my MN aunts are AUUHHHNts.. :)
arctophile~I use to be an avid one. I still like them, but i'm not so passionate about it. I have a lot of collectible figures from Boyd's Bears and i do like them, but haven't bought one in years.
alpaca~ they are beautiful animals and i love their fur. I have a whole bag on alpaca, shorn off the animal that i need to spin. Alpaca is very beautiful spun into yarn. Maybe when my life gets more together in CA.


I finally heard from my Gimme Some Needle Pal, she has just had a busy life lately. So i know a little more about her and will be sending a package to her soon.


And lastly, I hate men. They are little, icky, vile creatures....I just don't get them at all. So Eric, the one who we had such a nice dinner and he made it clear he WAS interested romantically...blah, blah. So he is suppose to go with me next week on a lake cruise with my work people and i haven't heard from him lately so i called and left a message, no return. He usually always will return the call. So i called again....nothing, it's been about a week. So i'm thinking....is he ok? did he have a relapse (because he's known to avoid people when he does that), did he leave for Louisiana to help his parents?, did he get sick? So i couldn't stand it anymore and he always use to tell me to come by the golf range to see him, so last night i drove over there after work. I was figuring that he wouldn't be there, but i'd ask his coworker if he went to LA, i was sure that was what happened. So i pull up and there is his car.....so i pull down a little near where people hit golf balls and here he comes out of the club house, to meet a lady client who got there at the same time i did, he's walking toward the driving range, he sees my car, he's looking, he's talking to her. He lights a cigarette, he turns around and looks at me. He starts instructing her, turns around, but doesn't wave. And i just sat there and didn't move. I didn't want to interfere while he was doing a lesson, and i also was....pissed! I mean, what is the problem? What happened that he won't even call me back? He was so nervous, i'm sure he knew it was me, but then he didn't know for sure or i could here the wheels spinning in his head, is that michele?, why is she here?, should i go say hi?....i just left, i thought about calling and then said, why? Why bother? Vile, vile creatures...





6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you like the package! And the sock yarn- I love the stripes! That might actually inspire me to knit socks, something I've never really though I'd like. I saw the yarn and really liked it and would would get it for myself if I were a sock knitting person, so I thought you'd like it too!

(Buttons is a silly nickname my mum has had for me for ages, it's worked well as my anonymous email address too!)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm sorry that boys suck, they do that. Hopefully Hello Kitty can cheer you up instead! There will be lots more boys in California anyhow.

But it's totally made my day that you like the package :)

miss buttons, your secret pal!

Blogger Tori said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Tori said...

Sorry, There were too many errors in the previous comment. I'll never understand why men can't be honest! What a loser!

Wierd about losing a few subscribers. Hope it wasn't for the reasons you thought. I don't think you're pushy about your faith at all. I'm kind of sensitive to that and think I would of noticed. A story for another day..... I've lost a few (subscribers) in the last month too and thought it's because I'm kinda boring (LOL). I know there was turnover in the RAOK group and think sometimes that does it. At any rate I get so excited when I see on bloglines that there's a new post to your blog! So there are some of us who are faithful readers and well, speaking for myself...whose the Bloggeek now? Hee Hee!

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Oh Buttons, socks are easy and so fun, i think you should try it. And yes, i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the yarn! And yes, boys suck! ;)

Tori, loser is right. Again, i've been totally thrown, i didn't think Eric would act like such an *(&^, but whatever. I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog, that makes me feel good, and you my dear are anything but boring! I never thought about the turnover thing. But i'm not letting it bug me.

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey michele, thanks for the birthday wish! I'll have to consider the anniversary thing! As for men, I'm sorry, but he was just being a man. . . . who will ever understand?

Post a Comment

<< Home