September 2, 2005
Katrina woke me up this morning...

Don't be afraid of the space
between your dreams and reality.
If you can dream it,
you can make it so. - Belva Davis

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To donate directly to the American Red Cross click here.

Watching the news last night and one of the hour specials, I just cried. It didn't look like America, it looked like some foreign country and it's just unreal that it is happening here. The desperation and the anger, the looting, the dehydration, people dying in the streets. Can not believe it, except I know it's true. So I pray and I believe there is power in prayer. And I listened to Stacie's reasoning about if every American donated $5.00 how great that would be and I donated what I could. This is America and we will survive this, there are good people out there and if we all do just whatever we can, this world will be a better place. We have to pull together, that is my opinion. Well, I think I was dreaming and thinking about all the tragedy and so I woke up at about 4:20 a.m. and had about an hour of fitful sleep. Finally fell asleep again after praying for the Gulf people.

A big thank you to the other Michele who sent me a cute card and an adorable keychain. It has my/our name on it which really surprised me because I never find anything with Michele with one L. Perhaps because she's from Canada and the french influence? I understand that our name is the male version, but I like it with one L anyway. And I had really good intentions of bringing it with me to take a pic and post while at work, but I forgot the package at home....I'll post hopefully this weekend. Thank you again Michele, I can say I've never received anything from Canada before and it really made me smile. I have some other pics to post as well of other projects.
I was told I was pretty today.... It's been awhile and the compliment kind of threw me for a loop. Sometimes I don't like who I see in the mirror, but that has been improving as I'm working through the depression. I'm hopeful and love the feeling, and I'm starting to feel like my old self. I look in the mirror sometimes now and think....there she is, I see the gleam in your eye again. So one little comment from the guy at the post office, funny how his comment made me feel good today.

I have a 3 day weekend. My boss said I didn't need to come in tomorrow. Yeah!! I'm going to start packing and sorting. I'm going to have a big yard sale and call it my Gas Fund Sale. I don't want to even think about the gas money I'll need for the move back, but it has to be done. I'm going to pay some bills and clean and I'm going to do some spinning too. The wheel is calling my name.....

Told my co-facilitator that I'm moving and she was happy for me, but sad for her. It is really hard to find facilitators for the support groups. It's a fairly big commitment, at least 2 hours every week, plus training. I know how hard it is, it's just been me and her for over a year. I trained with another girl, but she couldn't handle it mentally, she was not far enough along with her recovery from her abuse, so she quit. We just started another girl and she was there Tuesday. She is very nice, and I think she'll do fine. For the first time they allowed a non-survivor to facilitate so I wonder how she'll relate not knowing what it's truly like. I think she'll be fine. And I'm going to continue my work in CA. I've kept in touch all this time (5 yrs.) with my old facilitator of the support group I went to and I'm going to see how I can volunteer with them. They don't have a crisis line, or didn't then, so I'll look into that as well.





1 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Good for you for donating!! Yay!!

Post a Comment

<< Home