September 8, 2005
OMG...Knitty is out!

The Fall issue of Knitty is here!! I love Fall/Autumn and the sweaters in this issue are lovely. And the Falling Leaves socks! They are gorgeous! And how cute is this Flora scarf! I have to do that, in fact, that might be a great Christmas project for my friends and family. Here's a link to the issue. Check it out! I need to go find some lovely sock yarn to do the socks. I'm thinking of this yarn from Knit Picks in the color Zinnia. What do you think? I've never ordered from them, but their prices seem very reasonable. I too love lace and incorporating it into a sock, way cool. And look at the heel, i want to try that. I wish i could knit all day, blog all day, this whole knit/blog thing is taking over.

I knit my first washcloth yesterday for the Cloths for Katrina. I went to Joann's and got some pretty cotton, one is off white with pink, blue and teal ( can't remember) little flecks of color on it. It's subtle and pretty knit up. I used my own pattern on a US7 dpn..let's see if i can put down on here the pattern.

Dishcloth
Cast on 3
Inc on each 3 stitches, knitting in front and back of stitch (you should have 6 stitches)
K3, yo, K3
K row
*K3, yo, k to last 3 stitches, yo, K3
K row*
Continue 2 rows between * * until you have about 45 stitches or as wide as you want.
*SSK, K2, yo, K until last 3 stitches, yo, K2, K2tog
K4, SSK, K until last 6 stitches, K2tog, K4*
Knit between * * until you have 6 stitches
SSK, K2, K2tog (4 stitches)
SSK, K2tog (2 stitches)
K2tog. Weave in ends.

I had to wet and block the cloth to make it square.

I went to see my energy healer yesterday and i'm still not sure how she does it, but she is amazing. I went in with a really painful back ache. The night before I was hurting so bad and had to take pain pills, yesterday at work i was ok until the afternoon and then it was hurting again. I was thinking it's my period but i saw her and she says, well, let's get you on the table. I layed on my tummy on the table and she put these hot stones on my spine, on my fanny, on the sides of my spine. Then she massaged it seemed like every vertebrae, it kind of hurt actually, but hurt in a good way. Then she had me lie on my back for about 10 minutes w/pillows under my knees and i could tell a difference in even trying to turn over. I'll be darned if i could get off that table and i felt instantly better. I'm always like a pile of mush after i see her, i get so relaxed. She felt a lot of anxiety in me and that's what she worked on. I don't know what i'm going to do without her. I have to find someone who does Reiki out in CA, and i have looked, but a lot of them seem kind of scammy. But i'll continue to look.

I brought in the pair of socks i made over the Labor Day weekend. I didn't use a pattern, made it up in my mind which is easy to do if you are familiar with the structure of socks. I really like them, so much i'm not sure i want to give them away, but i'm kind of thinking of giving them to my energy healer. I think they'd suit her. I'll try to post a pic.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home