September 15, 2005
pics of our parade







There are no pics of me, (thankfully), but this was some of the fun last Sunday. It was a fun day and i love small town functions such as this. The kids love it, it's like an early Halloween for them, getting candy and such. The parade was only 3 blocks long, but it draws a lot of people. A lot of the floats are pulled by antique tractors which I think are cool. Some of the floats are not floats at all. I saw a church parade entry that was a truck pulling a boat and the boat said "Fisher of Men". Small town life is good. I got a nice blister on top of my foot from my sandals, but didn't notice until that evening when it split open and started to hurt. I only wanted something cool to drink after the parade and a pork burger! Oh, nothing like a bbq'd pork burger, plain with mustard on it on a slightly crusty hamburger bun. Bet you can't get that in California. It's something i'll miss.





1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Hi Michele!

Welcome to Calif. (soon) and the Christian Knitters group! Bring some pork burgers with you when you move here, OK? I've been on Weight Watchers for months, and I'M READY FOR SOME REAL FOOD ;<)

Post a Comment

<< Home