September 12, 2005
Q's for Gimme Some Needles exchange

1. What do you like to knit or crochet? (socks, sweaters, etc.)
I knit socks, sweaters, wash or dish cloths, scarfs, hats, I like it all...

2. What fibers do you like?
I love natural and dyed wool such as merino or really any wool that is suitable to be made into roving. I like silk caps to spin from. I love the feel of natural fibers but i also love the novelty yarns. Right now i'm enjoying knitting with cotton, doing a lot of Cloths for Katrina victims.

3. What type of needles do you use most often?
I'm not picky about needles, i'll use anything from plastic to whatever. The fancy needles in wood and ebony, those are lovely, but not sure i'd spend the money. I just saw some glass needles that were unusual and so cute.

4. Do you like to knit in the round?
I love to knit in the round, i like dpn's or circulars. I'd rather knit a sweater in the round, less to have to sew up and finish and cleaner looking. I love socks and of course those are knit in the round.

5. Do you use a magic loop method or any other we should know about?
I'm not even sure what that is? I've seen some knitting looms that i thought were very interesting. I have a knitting machine but haven't used it in years and it only does stockinette easily.

6. Are you interested in learning a new method?
Yes, loom knitting is interesting.

7. Do you have a favorite place that you shop online? (knitpicks.com, knitpixie.com, jimmybeanswool.com....)?
I'm just learning about knitpicks.com, their sock yarn is pretty and reasonable. I don't care where it's from, as long as it's knittable.

8. Do you want to be surprised? then erase all your answers above and write surprise me!!!
I like surprises and am going to try and keep secret to my pal until she gets my package! But I don't care if my pal keeps secret or not.


Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

I booked my dear sweet momma's plane ticket to fly out and drive back with me! It's getting to be more of a reality every day about my move!! And i'm really starting to freak out about having a yard sale and packing up that house and moving. Geez....ok, breathe. It'll get done somehow.

Our parade and festival was a hit, we threw candy and frisbee's and cup holders and all kinds of crap...the float was pretty enough, but there was no one on it. The whole thing made my back hurt, but i was happy that i could do it at all. Afterward i looked for John, but he didn't show?... I called him on his cell, thinking maybe he couldn't find me. He sometimes has trouble with crowds so i should have known, but whatever. It was HOT, HOT, HOT, like 91 and HUMID! We were all just melting, i had no makeup left, my hair went curly...I watched the rest of the parade, sat and had a beer and a pork burger, and another beer, the parade was over and i was ready to go home.

Went to a LYS and got some beautiful cotton for Cloths for Katrina, went home and knit.

Got my Gimme Some Needles exchange pal today! What fun! Except we have 3 weeks to get a package out which will coincide with my move. So i'll have to plan early and get it in the mail on time... I'm wondering if i can keep myself a secret to her until it's over, i'm going to try. And i'm suppose to get my SP6 pal today too but haven't yet. Keep checking my mail...anxious. These are first exchanges. I think knitters, crocheters, fiber people are SO COOL!!!! I mean, they are just so sweet and giving and kind-hearted. Today I had a dear sweet fiberfriend offer to send me an extra copy of a knitting magazine, how cool is that? I'm sure others would think me crazy, but i love my fiberfriends!!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home