September 14, 2005
Secret Pals

Oh, this is so exciting! I've heard from my SP6 pal who sent me a nice introductory email. She is also from MN so i like that. I have not heard from my needle exchange pal yet? I have sent a couple e-cards and introductions to my GSN recipient but she hasn't opened them and she has no answers to her questionnaire so i'm having trouble getting to know her and what she would like in the way of an exchange. I have also received my SP6 recipient who is just adorable, but haven't heard back from her yet. Lots going on in the knitting world. I've been busy making cloths and i'm in love with this yarn i got, but it's so expensive, i got 3 cloths out of it, but it was $13. Budget won't allow anymore. And on one of the groups i won some scrap yarn that is being sent to me. See how cool fiber people are, they have extra or left over but instead of throwing away they offer to send it to someone who will use it. There are lessons in all of this. I love fiber people.

I didn't go to group last night, i was too stressed with the move, but didn't get a whole lot done either. I'm just so tired. Aunt Flo came yesterday and is kicking my fanny. And guess what i had for dinner....cupcakes... :O Don't tell anyone...i'm embarrassed.

The night before i was doing crisis lines and got a call from a cop around 2:45 a.m.... i know, but i love this work. But what bothered me about this is that it was between a boy/girl siblings and they were taunting eachother with pot...ya, marijuana. And it got to the point where the boy hurt her and her stupid mom (who's also a pot head) watched the whole thing and wouldn't even call 911, although she did hand the phone to the daughter...so for those who say pot is no big deal...i beg to differ. This boy now is a felon and this will affect him forever. Ya, a felon b/c there is a law in this state against choking and/or strangling. Not to mention that some day he's going to realize how he treated his sister, and realize what a crappy mom he has...there's nothing natural, casual or fun about it.





3 Comments:

Blogger Tori said...

Oh Man, you must be such a strong person to deal with things like this. How Crazy!?! Not too mention sad!?!

Yikes, I hopped over to let you know I got the Starbucks Card. THank you so much! Hmmm, I also realized I could use it towards a magazine or book at Barnes and Noble (VBG)

Let me know what address I should use for your magazine. Take care Tori

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me, your gimme some needles pal! Sorry I haven't checked in with you sooner. I have been reading your blog though!! I am jealous of your move to CA. I would love to live there.

This is my first time to do the needle exchange. Am I supposed to tell you who I am?

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Hi GSN pal,

This is my first time too, and you can keep it a surprise if you want. I am, but you can do what you want.

Glad you are reading, and don't be jealous of my move, i'm totally overwhelmed, getting that house packed is just killing me. It will get done, it will get done.....breath...

Post a Comment

<< Home