September 27, 2005
This hasn't happened in years!

I had something happen last night that hasn't happened in years, not that way anyway. Well, first of all I had an impromptu dinner date last night with the guy that has been trying to arrange a date with me for months, I was bugged by him, it was just one thing after another with him, he could never work it out, so I had given up, but he called me yesterday (he had called earlier in the day and said he wanted to meet for dinner), so he was in town and would I meet him. I told him I had to go home and let Simba out but then would go to the restaurant, we might just have a drink. He told me what car he was in and was parked to a yellow car behind the restaurant. I get off the offramp, I see the bright red car next to the bright yellow car, I go behind the restaurant, and it's gone........no red car.....I'm like......wwwwhhhhaaaattt????? So I get my phone out to call and I end up meeting him in the parking lot, he said he was driving to the front to see if I was there...so whatever. He doesn't quite look like his pic, he's taller, he's balder (which I don't mind), and he's much shier in person. But we ended up having dinner and it was ok. He was distracted, he was watching this couple give the waitress a hard time, he just wasn't connecting with me. He'd probably disagree and say he was engaged. He has always made sexual references and says he's kidding, but he wasn't interested in knowing me, I think he was looking for a quick lay. Not me.... and then dinner was over and he was ready to go, and so was I but he had to go to meet some friends to watch the Monday night football game. He obviously doesn't care to try and make a good impression on the first date. Just not a great date, although he said he'd like to see me again, whatever...

So then this is what happens that hasn't happened in years. I went home and then had to go to Walmart and I also had the crisis phones and wouldn't you know I got a call and had to try and handle it while in the towel aisle. So I'm done and looking for a thank you card and this guy comes up to me and says something about, excuse me, but I noticed something is wrong...and I got what he was saying and smiled, and then he says, ok, now everything is ok. So he starts yaking at me, but he's very nice, not pushy, and I guess I was in just the right mood but I sat and chat with him and then he asked if I'd like to go have coffee with him sometime and I said, well, I'm moving to CA in a couple weeks, but I'd have coffee with you. I guess I should be embarrassed to meet a guy in Walmart, but he really was sweet. He's a musician, he's latin and shorter, but cute, he has long hair, but it was cute on him. It just made me feel good for some reason. And then I called my mom to tell her like a highschooler, and i admitted that right before i left to go to the store i kind of had a small piddle accident, but just thought, oh, who cares, who'll see, i have black on, just go, so i did, and then while talking to mom i realized my zipper was down! Geez....but my sweater covered it, but the thought that i actually met someone with peed pants and zipper open. Such is my life...

Tonight my company is going on a lake cruise with people from the Chamber. My date, Eric, the big fat idiot, will not be attending. But I'm going to have fun anyway.





1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Yeah, that first guy sounds like a real winner...Anyway. What a cute story in Walmart! I knew that place had to be good for something.

Post a Comment

<< Home