October 30, 2005
church and pickles

We (Mom and me) attempted to go to church this a.m. but they weren't having services there today, but in the park. And we had the time wrong anyway. So we'll try again. I may go to a 6 pm service in the park tonight. So then Mom and I did our favorite thing to do on Sunday mornings....we shopped and dinged around. :) We went to the Ranch Market and got some really lovely produce. We found real unwaxed cucumber pickles so i'm going to try a batch of crock dill pickles today. It'll be something for my brother to help us with today. I've made them before and they are really easy and good. So we got some fresh dill and pickle spices, garlic bulbs, butternut squash, yellow squash, yellow tomatoes, cauliflower, green beans. We're eating healthy now! Then we went to a natural health food store to get some more acidophilus. My mother has had a form of thrush i think.Her mouth is coated in the mornings and her tongue is really sensitive and spicy food hurts her. My healing therapist said it has to do with her stomach so she's been taking yogurt in the a.m. but i found a natural drinkable acidophilus and so i got it for her so she could try it. The small bottle was only $2.50, it was worth a try. And do you know what, for the first time in months, she woke up the next day after drinking a 1/3 of the bottle, and she didn't have the coating in her mouth! I'm taking it to get better after this flu. My tummy is still kind of a mess.

Off to make pickles...





2 Comments:

Blogger me myself and i said...

one of the only memories i have of my father is him making pickles!! They tasted soo good!

Blogger Ms. Lance-a-lot said...

Hey Michelle:Thank you so much for the cool package: I love the sock yarn! bamboo dpns are my favorite and the tea is yummy! No apologies needed, I was even later getting my package out for GSN!
I hope to post to my blog soon, but I have been way busy with work and launching my business--busy in a good way---but I have been totally out of touch with my knitting friends--not even reading blogs...and I've been getting physical therapy on my hand/finger. I have an injury that is worsened by knitting...
I am so glad you got moved and things are settling down. If you want, send me your email address and we can chat. Thanks again, Michelle! Love the stuff!

Post a Comment

<< Home