October 3, 2005
Freaking out....

I had my yard sale sat. and sun. Sold about $120 worth of stuff. Slightly disappointed, people are so weird. Sorry, but they are, i'm going to be careful and watch my attitude when and if i ever go to a sale again, i mean really. I had some nice stuff out there and people want to pay a $1 for everything...i mean i had some girls socks that i beaded and crocheted the top and people wouldn't spend $2 on them... i had a daybed for $25 dollars, nobody wanted it. And they'd come and look over stuff and it was just the whole attitude about it. I hated it. I had to go run an errand and so i left the stuff out there, put a note saying if they wanted something to leave the money on the honor system or to call me w/questions. Well, someone took the chest of drawers and taped the $20 to the door which was cool, the honor system worked. And i about killed myself getting the crap out there. The night before i'm taking apart that damn daybed upstairs and cannot get one screw loose, so the end is still attached to the back frame by one screw. I got to the point where i was gonna blow, i felt it bubbling inside. I asked the Lord to help me, to give me patience. I still couldn't get it undone so i took it down the skinny old farmhouse steps together like that and outside. But getting the frame and mattress out, that was a lesson in patience too. I finally had to take the door off the hinges and finally got it out, cussing all the way...ok, not cussing really, but pissed off and sweating and just hating the whole process of moving. Then i got up early around 6:30 and lugged everything outside by myself. It wasn't a great experience for me. And then my back was hurting so bad, i ended up taking a pain pill and muscle relaxer and promptly took a nap...

The only good part was i got a cat carrier at the humane society for $4 and they gave me a collar for him. I was worried he'd hate the carrier but my Tom, he was so good. I put the collar on and he didn't fuss. I put him in the carrier, he went right in and i put him on top of my armoire where he could see me and he never meowed. He turned around a few times and also took a nap. I put him in again yesterday and he went right in no problem. He loves it, so i'm not so worried about my poor kitty. And the carrier has a piece of carpet custom fit for the bottom and a container for food and water. It's perfect.

Tomorrow is my last day of work and i'm thinking, why am i here? I should be home and packing. I'm no where ready to pack the truck on Thursday and leave Sat. But it'll get done....that's what i keep telling myself. So i still have to get a dumpster delivered at the house, which hurts me cuz it's so expensive, and i need to arrange to have a cleaner come in to clean the place. My mom thinks she's doing that, but i'm not letting her and i know that i can't do it with my back.

The x-boyfriend called this weekend. Drunk of course, going on and on about what's going on in his life. He's so self-centered when he's drinking. He is getting divorced, but isn't out of the house until he gets his money he says from the house. Not sure how that's going to happen. And guess where he was going to go? He was coming to MN to be with me?!! I'm like, um, well i won't be here, i'm moving back. He's like, well, geez, i don't want to live here, now what am i going to do? Like it's my problem? Oh, he is such a mess. It hurts me but i can not and do not want him in my life, not like this. We did talk about him and his drinking. He admits he's an alcoholic, but he doesn't want to stop, it comes down to that, he doesn't think he can stop and he doesn't want to. OK, fine, but leave me alone then. I can't help you.

Sorry for the blabbing and complaining lately on this blog. And after tomorrow i won't be able to post until next week when i'm in CA. So if you are a prayer or whatever, please pray for our trip, that it is safe and send good thoughts our way. Thanks!





5 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Good luck with the packing and moving and all that fun stuff. Sounds like the sale wasn't a complete bust, you made some money. My mom and I are having one this weekend.

Blogger Tori said...

UGH! Garage sales that you have can be the worst. At best you get rid of a lot of stuff, make money and are SO TIRED! Plus....with the people like your x-boyfriend calling, you sure didn't need the wierdness garage sales bring out in people. You either meet really nice people or really pushy wierd people. UGH! Hope all goes smoothly with the rest of your preperations for moving and the move. Gladd your kitty seems to like his accomadations. Take care, Tori still wishing So Cal and No Cal weren't so far apart ;-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Packing and moving and everything associated with it can be *so* frustrating (I moved a lot in the past couple years, I still haven't learned to streamline the process).

Best of luck with the finishing packing and then the drive! I'll be thinking of you!

Your SP6 secret pal :)

Blogger Diane said...

Good luck with packing and your travels. It can be really aggrevating, but worth it in the end once you are settled.

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Sounds like you have a really mellow kitty. That is great :) I hope your move goes well, and I hope that your move goes well. Hugs to you. Try not to let the ex bother you too much.

Post a Comment

<< Home