October 30, 2005
Golden Oreos?

Did you know they have golden oreos? I know they have those disgusting ones with bright hunter orange filling around this time of year and they have/or had? coffee or mocha filling and chocolate and mint i think, but i had never seen the golden ones. Maybe it's a CA thing? Or maybe...i haven't bought any cookies, because i'm trying to lose weight. Well, wouldn't you know, my Dad loves these things and that was his request from the store, and oh wait, they were buy one get one free. So ya, i ate cookies tonight...

But we also made some kinda healthy baked chicken, thighs and legs, and i got the crock pickles done. I made a batch of broccoli/cauliflower salad, and oh, it's good. I'll give you that recipe quick. I personally don't like cauliflower a bunch, but i know it's nutritious and i can eat it this way.

Broccoli/Cauliflower Bacon Salad

1 bunch Broccoli, cut into very small pieces. I use the tops and some of the stems, but the tender parts only and cut really small.

Cauliflower, i use about 2/3 of a head, cut the same way as the brocolli.

1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

1/4 cup golden raisins or craisins or a mix of both

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Splenda or Sugar
1-2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar

Put all ingredients in bowl. Stir dressing until it's smooth, put over ingredients and toss.

May not be low cal with the mayo but i like the Splenda in it and it's an alternative for me to eat veggies.

Tomorrow i have to get my resume done and my goal is to have it posted also on monster.com. I have to focus tomorrow. Focus...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home