October 28, 2005
he loves me...

I had a late night call last night from the ex. It's complicated and not sure i want to go into all the details, but the thing i do know....he loves me. And worse yet, i love him. But the question is if he can love himself enough to get his life together so that we can be happy and share it together. We'll see. I'm not going to sit waiting, but there's a part of my heart that has waited for over 20 years and really thinks we could be happy. We shall see.

Still have a bad tummy today but we got a lot done. We're clearing out the garage to get some of my crap situated and also my friend is having a yard sale in November and we're taking stuff over there and then we're having another one in December here. We're determined to get rid of some of this crap. Oh, and some of it is not crap and i'm trying to get it set up to sell on ebay. It's hard to know what's crap or not sometimes. For instance, my mom and dad have a set of Decca Records of the Merry Widow with Kitty Carlisle, Wilbur Evans and Felix Knight from i think 1946. It's so old i can't get an estimate of a price on it. I was directed to a norwegian or russian website and told to ask him. It's worth money i am sure. I found two old Fisher Price View Finders. Remember those? And i have a Winnie the Pooh and a Captain Kangaroo viewer for them. I bet some collector might want those. It's a lot of work to figure it all out. But OMG....i found a sort of mother lode for me, i found some of my grandmothers old afghan works and i found old knitting patterns AND do any of you remember when the magazine Elle first started? Well when it did, they always had on the last or next to last page a knitting pattern for a sweater usually and I FOUND about 5 issues of that!! And my mother found her sweater pattern book of the only sweater she has knit, it was her favorite, she's told me about it for years, with a cable running down the arms, seed stitch on the front with cables on the front. She found it! And was so excited so we're going to convert the pattern for sizing and that's going to be her next big project. I want her to find the right yarn for it. The pattern calls for a Bernat yarn but i have to look up if they make that yarn still and/or find it or an equivalent.

Even with finding all the treasure, we got a lot done. But i realized something today.... I'm happy here. I found myself with a grin on my face, walking into the house, and wondering, why are you smiling? I'm so happy to be home.





3 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

All I can say is do what is in your heart but don't forget to let your head have some say :) I'm sure you will make the right decision.

Blogger Unknown said...

You'll make the right choice! Sounds like you have a very busy day! Good luck with your mom's pattern!!

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Thank you both Stacie and Mandy for your vote of confidence! Mandy it was so funny you commented, because i was JUST at your blog! And i went to that site to download the WIP's % thing. I've been trying to get them on my blog for a long time, i just may get it done. The directions seem easier. I like how it looks on your blog.

Post a Comment

<< Home