October 24, 2005
Monday a.m.

I woke up Sat. with the flu, i think. I woke up with this horrible headache and my body joints were aching. I wasn't hungry (so I MUST be sick!)... so i just got up and kind of sat around. My dear sweet mamacita brought me tea and tried to take care of me. They had to go somewhere so i just sat and knit. I still wasn't feeling well yesterday and today i don't have a headache but by the time i finished brushing my teeth, i was exhausted. So here i sit and type.

My back has also been very touchy. It's not like it was when i first got home, and i'm not having to ice all the time, but it's still nagging me.

Friday, Mom had to drive up to their dr's office to get a prescription so i asked her if we could go to a town kind of close to go to a LYS. I kind of hate driving with my mother sometimes, she's always nervous and can't just sit. She's the navigator, even when she has no clue where we are going. And if she knows you have to make a RH turn, for instance, she'll tell you what lane to get in, even when the turn is like a 1.5 away...i digress...so we somehow made it to the first store and it was in an old house converted to a yarn store. The owner was a really sweet lady, very communicative, but her prices were so high. I could tell by a few items i looked at. I bought a skein of yarn for my Gimme Some Needles pal but didn't get the bamboo needles there because it was about $4-5 dollars overpriced. That's a lot! So then we found the other store which was just blocks away and it's in an old office building and you have to ring to be let in. Very nice owner, very cool store. She had a nice selection of yarn, and she had some cool original art work. She has Ladies Night every Wed. and she said they sit and knit and talk, about everything, and there is always dinner served (wow!?), so we'll hopefully go to that. I think it'd be a great way to meet people.

Then we went to have lunch at this great place that has a great greek salad. I had commented to my mom that last time i was there, which was Christmas time, i saw my old modeling agent. Mom says, "He's still alive?" I had thought the same thing because he seemed rather old when i was going to his modeling school in the late 70's, early 80's, but guess who was there again! My mom and i were eating and she says, Mitch, is that him? And sure enough, there he was. We both could not remember his name, but my mind dug deep and it hit me and i said, Mom, William Adrian and she said, yep, that's it. It was so strange to see him and it wasn't like i'd go up to him and say hello. How sad that is. I thought about it and i imagined that he'd say, oh, you got fat...shows me that i have to work on my own internal dialog.

K, have to go watch some food tv and get on with my day.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home