October 23, 2005
My Alphabetized Existence ~C~

~C~
Chickens~I love chickens. I think they are really amazing creatures. When i lived in Oregon I was home for awhile, not working outside the home, so i learned to do a lot of things i never knew i would. I am a city girl, i grew up east of East Los Angeles, you know, like where Cheech and Chong were from?... We're talking big city, my school had i think over 1000 kids. So my mom was amazed that i would have the interest or inclination to do these things. But i have always loved things old. Anyway...i wanted chickens because we had 7 acres of land and i wanted to have my own eggs, maybe to sell some. So my birthday is in March and one year, that's what i wanted for my birthday, chickens. And my x-hubby built me a chicken coop. He was a carpenter and he did a pretty good job on this coop. So i ordered my chicks from a catalog and they were sent to me. I got a special note from the postal carrier that i had a special pick up. So i ran to the post office, like 16 miles away, and picked up i think 12 or 24, 2 or 3 day old chicks. I can't remember the breed, but i ordered hens, layers.
chonies~That's what we called our underwear or panties growing up. It still comes out of my mouth sometimes. It's a variation of the spanish word for undies, calzones. It's one of those words that is fun to say.
christian~I am a Christian. That is how i identify myself. Growing up I use to be Catholic, but i had no idea what i believed in. I am not Catholic because i have many personal issues with the church. I cannot be a part of them as they are today. But i'm so happy to say I'm a Christian because i know what I believe and I love the Lord. I am not perfect, by no means, and i take people for who they are, i know that God loves all people, whether they are "Christian" or not.
Corgi~One of my first pets was a dog named Gabriella Hancooke. She was given to me as a puppy on Christmas morning. She was a Welsh Corgi Pembroke and she was red and white, short, squat, and strong as all get out. I was probably about 7 or so when i got her and i like all kids had good intentions to take care of her, but frankly, children are not responsible enough to care for a pet in my opinion, so a lot of the responsibility fell to my grandmother and mom and dad. Well Grandma had this great idea to chain her to a cement block, you know the ones that have two holes in them. Well Gabby ended up dragging that brick all over the backyard and built up really strong muscles. And she was a barker too, our poor neighbors. We ended up having to give her away because it was just too much for us, i think Grandma had died too by then and it was too much for my mom. Corgi's are the royal dog for the Royal Family, there is a lot of history behind them and they are cute little things. Someday i may get one again.
compassion~I want to be the type of person that people know had compassion. It is one of the heavenly gifts the Lord gives us. I didn't know this before and use to think that i was just a sap. I can be very emotional. I feel people's pain, i always have. But now i see it as a gift from the Lord and therefore can try to do something positive with it.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home