October 15, 2005
Warm and Sunny California!!


Made it to California late Tuesday night. We ended up leaving a day later, we left Sunday around 11 am. We had a mishap right off the bat. Mom and i drove maybe not even 3 miles away and i thought the truck felt weird and she was asking "Does it feel right to you...?" and i'm looking in the mirrors and wondering if i'm seeing exhaust or smoke...and we come to a stoplight and this guy yells, "Your tire is on fire!!!!" I'm like, "Oh, shit", so i get out the fire extinguisher and i'm thinking, get the cat out of the car which is on the trailer. So i go back there and the tire is NOT on fire, but it smells like burnt rubber. It seems that the brake on the car trailer went on while i was loading the car and i didn't realize it. Guess we were pulling the trailer behind us. So i had to undo it, take off the brake, and we were just fine after that. We kind of laughed about it later cuz my first thought was to get a fire extinguisher, but mom's was to get her purse...and i'm looking everything over and i remember looking at her and i'm like, "Why do you have your purse?"...guess you had to be there! We really had a great trip though. We drove all the way to Emporia Kansas and stayed the night, then the next day we drove all the way to Albuquerque New Mexico which we both loved, it was so beautiful there. We stayed that night with my mom's friends and what nice people they were. So gratious. My back was not doing well, and the morning we were leaving from NM was really rough, but once i got in the truck i was ok and able to drive and drive we did.

My kitty was so good on the trip, he was in the carrier in the car and never complained. He really traveled well. We snuck him into the hotel and he came out and acted like it was no big deal. Simba traveled well too and didn't even get sore from getting in and out of the truck. The cat loves CA! It's so funny, he doesn't even want to go outside, he just wanders around the house, sits in my parents bedroom window, lounges around. He's happy. And my dad who is allergic has not had one adverse affect of the cat yet.

We hired 2 day laborers to unload the truck and my back was so bad i had to go lay down and ice. But they did a great job and were worth the money. I also had very swollen feet and legs, i had no ankle. I think it was a combination of the drive, the salt, the warm weather, but i was very swollen. Then my mom made me some parsley tea yesterday. You just boil the heck out of parsley and drink the green tea and i'll be darned if it didn't work. It's a miracle, i've been suffering since Tuesday.

We're on our way to dinner tonight to celebrate my bro's birthday. It was Tuesday, we had birthday cake yesterday, a homemade chocolate cake and i made the icing. It starts with a milk/flour mixture that you cool, then you add sugar butter and shortening, vanilla and cocoa and beat it for 10 minutes. It's yummy, i like it cuz it's not so sweet and light and airy. The cake is super easy too and the best chocolate cake ever. It takes a cup of cool coffee in it. Anyway, he opened presents and enjoyed that last night but tonight is dinner. My friend from High school, the one who is going to be my partner in our business is going to meet us there with her girls. She has an 8 year old and twins, almost 3. Her DH is on a fishing trip this weekend, so she's going to come have fun with us.

I finally got a bit of knitting done last night and this a.m. I am finishing a pair of socks with the cool yarn my sp6 gave me! Love that yarn and i'm glad i put it in my bag. All my other stuff is boxed and i'm not sure i want to go attempt to even find it at this point. My mom is going to start knitting and crocheting cloths for Katrina and hurricane victims and my friend who doesn't knit said she'd give me soap, isn't that cool?!

I hope to post pics of our trip soon. Mom got some really nice ones.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home