November 22, 2005
Cloverleaf Rolls

Aren't they pretty!
I used this recipe for Classic Dinner Rolls. This recipe calls for Rapid Rise which i didn't have so i used the regular dry yeast. I did the milk and butter on the stove, added the 3 yolks when it cooled and stirred it together and then i used about 1/4 cup warm water and put the dry yeast in it and a 1/2 tsp. sugar and let it proof. Then i let the dough rise about 1 hour, punched down, cut into pieces, cut each piece and rolled into 3 balls and put in greased muffin tins and let rise for another hour. I baked it at 375, but it only needed about 15 minutes total. I brushed them with melted butter when they were out of the oven. They are really good, have a nice, flaky texture. So i think they will pass and I'll make them for Thanksgiving. I'm bringing Junior some tonight, we'll see what he thinks.





3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Those look really yummy!!

Blogger me myself and i said...

those look delicious!! mmmmmm!!!

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Very pretty! I want one!

Post a Comment

<< Home