November 5, 2005
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!

Well, i'll try to contain myself but WOW OH WOW OH WOW, OH WOWEE, i had the sweetest and nicest surprise yesterday from my SP6!!!
I went shopping with my mom yesterday, grocery shopping and wasn't really feeling well because Aunt Flo came to visit. Dad says, Hey, Mitch, you got a package. I did? Where? From whom?...And here was this package from my SP6!
So i look inside and i have to say i think i have the most considerate, observant SP6, she's really gotten to know who i am and just totally surprised and thrilled me. Down to the pink and purple tissue paper inside, it was so special. Inside is a Spin Off magazine that totally made my day. I must explain that i am a magazineaholic, i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE magazines and i'm trying to change this a little because i spend too much money on it and don't have the money, especially now. So i've made it out of 3 stores, no 4 stores without a magazine or book and that is a feat for me. So to get a magazine...ooh, it was delicious. And then there's my favorite White Chocolate Truffles from Lindt, way cool, and Lemon Heads, yum, and i'm puckering all ready, a really nice card, a set of beautiful note cards, very unusual, a CD that i haven't listened to yet, but can't wait, and....now this took my breath away, a copy of Rural Free, A Farmwife's Almanac of Country Living. I have been wanting this book for the longest time and looking for it, but could not find it anywhere. I mean nowhere was i able to find it, on online searches, etc. I put it on my wishlist only really to remind myself, but my wonderful SP6 found it!!! I saw it in the box, and my parents were there and i looked at them and sucked in a big breath, like NO WAY!!!, my parents didn't know what was going on so i told them the story. I don't know how she found it, but i can not tell you how much this means to me! It is just such a lovely book about a woman from Indiana and her experiences of farm life. Why would i be interested in that? Well, my mom is a farm girl from MN and although i was born and raised in LA, i appreciate that way of life. But her writing in this book is just so lovely. Here's a quote:
"Sunset often is spectacular. Perhaps at the end of a day the human need of drama is greatest. Perhaps the glory of the sunset is to suggest that there is more order than chaos in the natural world."
So today i'm running some errands with Mom, taking some paint and hazardous things to a drop-off site a little far away, and then i'm going to read my book....Yum.





8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you like!
There's an online antique book seller that my bf's dad uses a lot, and that's where I found the book! It's not in the most pristine condition, but I thought that you'd love it either way. :)

And the Spin-Off totally made me think of you the one day when I skipped out of work early to hang out at the book store near my house that has the *best* magazine selection. Enjoy!

sp6 :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! and the CD! One of my favoriite local-ish artists... cutest girl in the universe singing these soulful sad songs with spunk.

Blogger Unknown said...

What a lucky woman you are! To have a secret pal so thoughtful!! Enjoy reading your book@

Blogger me myself and i said...

what a wonderful gift! enjoy it!

Blogger Genia said...

very thoughtful SP - btw - I am also addicted to magazines...I understand completely! It is so hard, when I am in the store I have to chant to myself - "no magazines"

LOL - enjoy the book!

Blogger soapy said...

What a great package of surprises!
Enjoy!

Blogger . said...

Wow! Lots of goodness! Lucky!

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Woohooo for great surprises!

Post a Comment

<< Home