November 18, 2005
socks

Here is the first sock of the Falling Leaves pattern although i had to make my own because the Knitty pattern made no sense to me. I used a repeat of 12 stitches for the leg. I used 48 stitches and it's actually too small. I think i'll have to frog it and redo at 60 stitches. They would fit a young girl. I could put them on, but they are too tight.
Can you see the lace pattern? This pic isn't the greatest but i like the pattern. Not sure i like the yarn with so much solid and then a random stripe. I think it would be nicer in a really variegated yarn, like in fall colors. Sorry about all the sock pics lately, but Pammi likes them!

Junior and I are talking now and i'm going to see him tomorrow.

I had an email from my friend John in MN. He's the one i met at church, he's a widower. We never dated, although i would have if he asked. He's had a hard time dealing with his wife's death. But it was good to hear from him, and we spoke on the phone tonight. He had to put his dog down awhile ago and really having a hard time with that too. We talked about some serious stuff tonight and i made him cry. He's going thru some depression, and i told him he's not alone, i'm here for him. I hope he's OK. He's a wonderful man.





2 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Awww I'm sorry about your friend losing his dog. I know how hard it is.

Blogger me myself and i said...

I agree about using the varigated yarn...so sorry about your friend.

Post a Comment

<< Home