January 16, 2006

One great thing happened today, i got a bite on a job that is not too far from me and it's an administrative position and pays well and is NOT thru an agency. They contacted me online and asked if i could come in friday for testing, up to a 4 hour test. Wow! So i of course said yes, i'd be there and they sent me a preinterview form and i filled that out. I'm researching this company but it looks promising. I've been feeling a bit down lately about the job thing, so this lifted my spirits.

What I did good today: I resisted temptation for dinner. I am not feeling great, i've had chills and achiness, and tummy is upset and for dinner i REALLY wanted some of mom's chili and some cornbread with gobs of butter and syrup on it. Comfort food. But nobody made any cornbread and i knew i should stick to plan and so i made this huge lovely salad with chicken, mozzarella cheese and a olive oil and lemon juice dressing. I also had some brown rice and i feel so much better for it.




Here's a pic of my finished Dainty Bess scarf before blocking. I still haven't figured out the best way to do it. Any ideas? Have any of you ever blocked a lace item? And the other pic is of my Sock Memories Shawl in the Fly Fishing colorway from Knit Picks. I don't think this pic shows how pretty the colors are or the lace pattern it's knit in. But i'm not a good pic taker lately. And oh, sorry about the no makeup icky pic of me. What can i say...The other pic is our ever entertaining cat Tom. He's such a nut! We love to see how he's napping. This morning i almost killed him though. He got outside and hid under my parents van and there i was on the ground in my white robe trying to get him, and i finally said, oh forget it. Let the coyotes get him, i'm tired of this. And then he came out and wanted in. Well not really, it took food as bait and turning on the van to get him inside.

My brother was here for the long weekend and i helped him to create his own blog. He is a little younger than me but in a wheelchair and has cerebral palsy. Here is his blog if you'd like to visit and it'd be great if you'd comment so he'd kind of get this "blog" thing! He's going tno use it to keep in touch with family and kind of an online diary of his life.

I'm really into that book Wicked, i'm almost 3/4's thru with it. I have Mirror Mirror to start after that. I went to bed before 9 pm last night, yes, that's right, ME, in bed that early but then my lovely cat and dog woke me up at 4:30 something. I let Simba out, chased after the cat again and then could not go back to sleep so i read for awhile. Around 5:30 i went back to bed. I'm going to hit the hay early again. I really thing i'm sick with a touch of flu because it's 6:46 and i'm wanting to go to bed.

Oh, Junior and I aren't talking again....whatever....





1 Comments:

Blogger Tori said...

Good luck on the job interview process! I'll keep you in my thoughts. I'll visit your brothers blog and say Hi and tell him how cool his sister is ;-). Sorry I can't help you with blocking lace. It always seems like a lot of pins are involved whenever I see a picture of it though....

Post a Comment

<< Home