January 27, 2006
Sock Memories Shawl

Here is the Sock Memories Shawl from Knit Picks completed, but not blocked.
The colors are not this prominent in person, it's much more soothing and I like the colors. In fact I'm wearing it now because it is warm and I keep getting a chill in my bones.
Here is Tom wrapped in the shawl, he didn't seem to mind.



I have already started my next project. It is the Adamas shawl from Knit Picks. I'm making it in the Shadow Yarn in the Redwood Forest color. I'm enjoying knitting it so far but it's weird to knit from the top center down. I remember the first time I knit a shawl, I knew I had to be knitting it wrong, it just felt weird, until I figured out how it was knit. It looks like it would be knit from the point and out to the flat top, but oh no... I can't imagine how they were able to come up with the pattern.

I had a really bad migraine the other day that put me back in bed it was so bad. Yesterday was better, I didn't wake up with it, but I had the after affects which seems like a hangover and neck and shoulder pain. It got worse and I feared it was coming back last night, but it did not and I feel great today.

Back on program today and doing well with the eating because I'm feeling better and my cravings from Aunt Flo are gone too. Thank God! I didn't have a loss this week on WI Wednesday but I'm OK with that because of Aunt Flo, next week will be better.

I got 3 major things off my list this week. Don't want to say what just yet, but I feel I've accomplished something.

Thank you to all of you who were able to see my brother's blog and post a comment. He hasn't seen most of them yet, but will today or tomorrow and he is going to try and reply to all of you. (Or that is the suggestion from his big sis!) It means a lot to me that you have taken time to do that for him.





7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is a beautiful shawl! The colors are great! I am gald that you are feeling better! Enjoy your weekend and get lots of rest!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is beautiful and I love the colors.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im liking the shawl alot! It has a really cool pattering to it and prominant or not the colors are quite pretty!

Glad you are feeling better!!

Blogger Tori said...

The shawl is wonderful! I bet that is part of what cured you :-). Migraines are just awful! Take care! Tori

Blogger Lulu said...

love the shawl, its very beautiful..
glad youre feeling better..I am feeling awfull still but decided to come visit..:)

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Beautiful!! Great job!

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Thank all of you for the kind words. I really do love the shawl. My mom wore it to a meeting last night and they loved it too.

Post a Comment

<< Home