February 21, 2006
2nd day of Work! (Yes, I'm a geek!)


The first day of work went very well. I always expect it to be kind of sucky, you know, you just usually feel out of place, anxious, having to meet all these new people, figure out their personalities, develop your space, learn how they do things, where's the post-it's?, where's the bathroom?....but it was really quite painless and actually I had a great day. We are a fairly small office, with the owner and his wife and a younger girl who does kind of what I am except she doesn't like to be on the phone, but she speaks Spanish and we need her and there's another girl who comes in periodically. I'm getting an OFFICE! but the girl who is there off and on is moving out of it because I need that computer. I can't wait to have my own office again. I know the computer system, but they have some newer programs that are great. They are all very nice in the office, they seem to have fun too. I'm not use to starting work at 9, that seems late but I'm not complaining because it's nice to get up and take my time. And it takes me only about 10-20 minutes to get to work.

So here's me going to work today. Too much blush? I think it just looks like it here, I'll ask mom to be sure. Don't want to go in looking like a hussy. I have black small pink stripe pants on, a black comfy sweater, my knit sparkly skinny black scarf. I feel good!

Dad is going to be blessed today by a priest...he hasn't been to Church in forever, but he is Catholic and wants to be blessed before surgery 'just in case'. Hate to think that way but you have to sometimes. I'm taking off that morning and going to the hospital and will go to work when he's out of surgery.

I brought my knitting but didn't have any time yesterday, maybe today at lunch, i'm going to stay in and eat. I'm working on the Adamas scarf.

Have a great Tuesday!





5 Comments:

Blogger Tori said...

I'm a geek too! I was hoping you'd tell us how your day went. I'm glad it went so well! Yeah! Best wishes and thoughts for your Dad's surgery.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great to hear that your first day at work went so well - I agree, it's always a bit of an anxious situation, not knowing how everything will work out, but it sure seems it went great for you, and I do hope you're going to have many good days there!
All the best to your Dad for his surgery!
Best wishes from Austria!

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Wow! Austria! Glad you stopped by dipsy d.

Blogger Lulu said...

glad it went well for you..Glad you are enjoying work..
praying for your father..

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I'm glad that your job is going well. Isn't that awesome! I love my new job too :)

Post a Comment

<< Home