February 15, 2006
Midwest Minnesota Humor!

YOU ARE FROM RURAL MINNESOTA IF....

  • You know how to polka, but never tried it sober.
  • FFA was the most popular club in high school.
  • You know what knee-high by the Fourth of July means.
  • You know it is traditional for the bride and groom to go bar hopping between the ceremony and the reception.
  • You were delighted to get a miniature snow shovel for your 3rd birthday.
  • You can recognize someone from Iowa by their driving.
  • You buy Christmas presents at Fleet Farm.
  • You spent more on beer than you did on food at your wedding.
  • You hear someone use the word "oof-dah" and you do not immediately break into uncontrollable laughter.
  • You think fast food is hitting a deer at 65 mph.
  • You or someone you know was a "Dairy Princess" at a county fair.
  • You know that "combine" is a noun.
  • You let your older siblings talk you into putting your tongue on a steel post in the middle of winter.
  • You think Lutheran and Catholic are THE major religions.
  • You know that creek rhymes with pick Football schedules are checked before wedding dates are set.
  • Saturday you go the local bowling ally.
  • There was at least one kid in your class who had to help milk cows in the morning...phew!
  • You have driven your car on a lake.
  • You can make sense out of the word "upnort" and "batree."
  • You always believed that vacation meant "going up North."
  • At every wedding you have been to you have had to dance the hokey poky and the chicken dance.
  • Your definition of a small town is one that only has one bar.
  • The local gas station sells live bait.
  • At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.
  • Your mom asks, "Were you born in a barn?" and you know exactly what she means.
  • You think that the start of deer season is a national holiday.
  • Pop is not only what you call your dad, but is the ONLY name for soda.
  • You actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your Minnesota friends.

    yeseree--yer from Minnesota!!!!


    *******************************************************
    Yesterday, Valentine's Day, turned out to be a really nice day! I took my parents to my Dad's appt. at the hospital to have blood taken pre-surgery and then we went to the cafeteria and had a bite to eat, then we went to his regular Dr. appointment, to go over all that is happening with his primary Dr. I got a call from Jr. and he said he was coming by the house and waiting for us, he was bringing food. He brought a pizza (my favorite kind) and a pie from Marie Callendars. It was a little weird seeing him after 3 weeks but it felt good too. We decided to save the pizza for tonight because Dad had his heart set on chinese food all day. So we all got in the car and had Chinese Food and a really nice evening. I was touched that Jr. and I spent Valentine's together. We're going to try again. I'm happy about it.

    But...while I was waiting in the 2nd Dr.'s office visit, my phone rang and it was Laurie who I interviewed with last week. I was sure I blew the interview by asking for too much in starting salary. So I was surprised to hear from her, she said she was calling to offer me the position! She said it took them a while because my starting pay was a little more than they were thinking of but, she thinks I'm WORTH IT!! I was so excited! So I start on Monday and I'll be working 15-20 minutes from my house, in a really nice office, working for a major insurance company doing a lot of insurance type stuff but also administrative and marketing functions! I feel really good about this job and I just cannot wait to get some money coming in and to have a schedule and be working again!!! So we also celebrated my job at dinner last night too and came home and had some champagne and pie to celebrate!

    Dad's surgery has been postponed for 1 week to allow him to stop taking his blood thinning medication and aspirin, etc. The things that promote bleeding. He had his MRI today and liked the Dr. a lot and he explained the whole surgery. It sounds scary, but I think he was relieved to really know what they'll be doing. So prayers please... I have to tell you, i tell my Dad about all of you and your well wishes and he is having a hard time keeping it in, he's very emotional and sometimes starts crying and then gets embarrassed. But my point is, your prayers and well wishes are very well received and he's really touched. Thank you all ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))).





1 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Post a Comment

<< Home