February 3, 2006
Quick Post

It was going to be a dark day, but the sun came up anyway and thereby accomplished something remarkable. The sunlight spread out along the east in long layers of bright-pink crystal light. Its passage was blocked by a heavy threat of rain, but the pinkness simply ducked down and squeezed under the gray like a little pig squeezing under a fence. It came out far beyond the house, on the west clover field, and there lay all over the upsloping field, a pale beautiful pink stain. - Rural Free, A Farmwife's Almanac of County Living

Dad is still not doing well. In fact, I think he is worse. His voice is better, but he's just not like his old self. He is doing a lot of sitting and nodding off. The other night he fell getting out of his chair. His balance is still bad. He had a day where he said he was feeling better and was more talkative and even eating, but today he is back to not eating much. I have to take Mom to have a medical test this a.m. She said she asked Dad if I should stay home and he said no, he was ok. He was going to stay in bed. But how do you get him to stay in bed and not try to get up while he's alone? I told Mom he should go to the Dr. again but she said he doesn't want to. If he continues to not eat by tomorrow, I'm going to insist he go. He thinks he has the flu.

I got my 3 packages in the mail last week, that was the thing bothering me. My mom helped me with it, and I got the two boxes of cloths to Beverly who gave them to hospice and battered women which makes me happy, and I got my SP6 gift to her finally and I know she received it, and I got a present to my favorite cyber friend. I saw this small gift and it reminded me of her, I know she got it too. She sent a really sweet e-card.

Taking my Adamas shawl with me to mom's Dr. visit today. Each row is getting longer and longer, so it's taking me more time, but I still love knitting it. We have to go to a health food store today after her visit, I love this place, it's called Wild Oats, not sure if they are anywhere else but in CA, but what a great store. Hoping to go by one of our favorite restaurants up there and get a Greek salad and hummus for lunch! Yum!





1 Comments:

Blogger Dreamy said...

Good luck with your dad. It's hard going through something like that. BTW your shawl looks awesome (wish I had the nerve to attempt a shawl) and thanks for the comment on my first lady hair.

Post a Comment

<< Home