March 26, 2006






A collage of my dear Mamacita! Tomorrow is her Birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!!! She deserves to have the best Birthday ever. This has been a very challenging time for her, starting with my move last October in which she flew out and helped me pack that whole damn house, drove across country with me, was newly unemployed and not sure how to handle that, and then the holidays, getting use to me being home and then my Dad getting sick and dealing with my handicapped brother as well . And not once does she complain about anything. She's always been our rock. Solid, there to lend an ear, a hand to hold. And on top of the support she's always there to give, she's funny. She has a great sense of humor. She can find humor in almost any situation. She can say one word or look at me a certain way and make me practically pee my pants. I thank God every day for giving me a Mom like her. I'm very fortunate. I have a hard time understanding when some people don't get along with their mothers, but then I realize that I am just very fortunate and I'm grateful.

She's one of those people who others gravitate toward. If you meet her, for some reason after you talk to her for about 5 minutes, you WILL tell her intimate and personal information. It's happened, and right in front of me. I don't know how she does it, but I known I'm getting more like her.

She's a very special lady. We tried to celebrate tonight with my brother home and my Dad home. My hunnie brought Chinese Food for all of us and we got a 4 layer chocolate cake. It was a nice evening, but Dad started not feeling well and we had to call the paramedics again because he wasn't able to breathe. He was kept in the hospital tonight so it's a bit of a bummer, but I think she enjoyed her day. We (my bro and I) got her what she wanted, a Caphalon cooking pan, and I gave her a rain check for this limited edition Mac powder compact she wants and Dad gave her a lovely pair of earrings (that I picked out for him). If my finances allow and I'm able to get a delivery tomorrow I think I'm going to send her some flowers.

So happy birthday Mamacita! Love you sooooo much!!!!





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mitchy! I just found your blog and wanted to say hello. Congratulations on your husband's anniversary! I'm having my second anniv. next month. I know it's not easy for either of you, but I think it's great that you've kept your sense of humor - and can celebrate at a winery!

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Hi Robin,
So happy you stopped by! Thanks for the congrats, but he's my boyfriend, significant other, other half, whatever you want to call him. He freaked a little when i showed him you called him my husband! :) And congrats to you also!

Post a Comment

<< Home