March 19, 2006
Too much going on...

Dad is home from the hospital, which I'm happy about. :) We have a hospital bed set up in the garden room with his TV and comforts of home. He's doing well, Mom and I have learned how to use nebulizers and inhalers and empty pee bags and help him with his walker...oh it's been fun. But he's doing well and that's what's important. He's rather grumpy though. He's been a little snappish with my brother and my mom, I think it's because his blood pressure is high.

I got a sore throat Friday a.m. and yesterday I was fairly miserable. Been taking oscillococcinum and echinacea, acidophilus, vitamin C and garlic oil. And then to top it off, Tylenol cold/flu daytime and nighttime. I woke up feeling pretty good, but the sore throat and body aches have returned. I'm taking it easy today.

I'm preparing for a weekend away with my hunnie at the end of the month. We're going to celebrate his 6 year anniversary of being sober. I'm very proud of him. We're going to go to a little town in the San Diego area and go Wine Tasting! Sounds funny to do that for his sobriety anniversary, but he thinks it's funny and it makes me happy so he doesn't care. He likes the outdoors and getting away, I'm going to find us some good walking trails hopefully and we're just going to relax and enjoy the weekend. I'm getting off work Friday half day and then we're off! I can't wait.

And my dear Mamacita is having a birthday in the coming weeks, so we may celebrate next weekend for that. I've ordered her gift, she wanted a Calphalon pan. I said, you want something practical? She said, well ya, that's what she'd like, so she'll get that and then I'll get her something fun too.

Going to go rest for awhile and get some knitting on the Adamas shawl, which I'm determined to finish so I can start on my black cardigan.





1 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I'm glad your father is home. Airborn is good stuff for fighting colds.

Post a Comment

<< Home