April 14, 2006
I don't like being so busy

This week has been unreal and it won't really stop for me until after next Wednesday afternoon when I take my State Licensing exam to be an insurance agent and pass. PASS! HEAR ME! The class started out with the statistics that 70% of people fail on their first try....thanks. Well I heard it all before in another State and I passed so I am determined to pass the first time, even though I'm 2 years, maybe 3 years older and learning is just harder when your older, or it is for me anyway. But you know what, I can do this. I'm not a know it all, I don't much care for those people, but I'm smart and I know I can do this, but it's going to take some work. So I've still got a lot of studying to do. They say that this test is equivalent to having your Masters in the insurance industry. I even can use credentials....woowoo!

Our friends had to cancel coming over for Sunday Easter brunch and as much as I'll miss seeing them, a part of me is glad, because now we don't have to clean the house like mad and we can have our own celebration and I can study and we'll go see my Dad at the conv. hospital. He was suppose to be home but he got a bladder infection and he's now on 7 days of an intravenous antibiotic.

Oh, get this.....I got paid today and I still had over $200 in the bank!!!!! I know that sounds silly but for me, it's a real accomplishment, and I'm just so thankful!!!!

At the advice of a dear friend I've just received some books and a journal and some self care cards from Cheryl Richardson and I'm so excited. Check her out at www.cherylrichardson.com. She's really cool and if you need some inspiration or want to improve your life, she's cool. My life is improving every day.

Sad to say, but every day I'm away from him it's getting easier. He's emailed me lately, asking me little questions, telling me he misses me, asking me how to cook a porkroast (Do I look like Julia Child?.....figure it out yourself Dude!) That lame attempt was trying to tell me that he'll be all alone with his nephew for Easter and to try and make me feel guilty and bad for him and guess what.....I don't. It's not that I am not compassionate, but there are reasons that we are not together this Holiday and good ones. I did not respond to any emails.

Today at lunch I had a half-hour neck shoulder and back massage and it was wonderful!!! I did it for my stress relief and also to get the toxins out of my body from this cold I got on Tuesday. It came with a sore-throat and an annoying cough but it is getting better. And I tried that Airborne stuff and I like it, I think it helped.

I'm pooped, and I have a half-day class tomorrow and then graduation! Promise I will post pics this weekend of my cardigan, it's coming along nicely!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home