May 5, 2006
Cinco de Mayo

Today is Cinco de Mayo, we have many celebrations here in Southern California. Years ago I loved today because it was my work anniversary at a company that I loved. We always celebrated Cinco de Mayo and my anniversary. Found myself trying to say numbers 1-30 today while on my way to work. uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nuevo, dies, once, doce, trece, catorce, quince... i'm sure i butchered the spelling and can you finish the rest to thirty? I need to brush up on my Spanish, I understand it OK, but am afraid to try and speak it because it's been so long. We have a lot of Spanish Speaking customers and I really need to be more fluent and comfortable with it.

My Dad is doing better, he's eating well, speaking more and not disoriented. I didn't go see him last night, I had to wait for them to pick up the hospital bed from the house. Mom ran up to see him and she seemed pleased that he's better. We'll go tonight and I'm sure we'll take my brother to see him sometime this weekend.

I've been on an ebay streak lately, it's my retail therapy. I've gotten a great pair of Gap Jeans for $10 and some Mary Engelbreit prints that I'm going to frame for my office, they were cheap, like $.99 and $1.99, I've won some great yarn from the UK that hasn't arrived yet. I've won a ME framed print. My Mom is kind of like, what are you getting today?... but hey, I'm getting deals and I'm enjoying it. The best purchase has been my Louis Vuitton handbag which I absolutely adore. I'm using it now, I've gotten several compliments, I just love it.

Have to clean my room this weekend...It's just atrocious. And some knitting would be nice too.





1 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

glad your father is doing better..i never tried ebay..i love mary englelbright, but dont have anything of hers..I am going to try to get her lates mag, its hard to find at times..
have a nice weekend..

Post a Comment

<< Home