July 17, 2006
I did it!!

AAAAHHHH! I passed!!!! Insert dancing and hooting crazy woman here! I took my test in Downtown LA today and I started the 150 question exam test and was doing so incredibly well, I thought, something is wrong, I know this question, I know that question, then I hit some that I never heard of, skip them......some were questionable, skip them.....go on and I knew a lot of the material but ended up with I think 21 questions that I wasn't sure or was questionable, went through them slowly, made my best choice and submitted the exam in just under 1.5 hours. That worried me too b/c it's a 3 hour test. But I thought to myself....you did your best, submit the test and get on with it. Then you have to go sit in another room with everyone else who isn't sure they passed. Some were there before me, some after, I waited about 10 minutes. The guy comes in the room and calls my name... yes?....do you have some paperwork for me? (You have to have this prior paperwork put in a sealed envelope which I've had in my car for 3 months)...yes, I do, (and I show it to him), he tells me to put my name on it which I do and then I give it to another guy, he says, is this your paperwork, yes, you've passed, you may leave......alrighty then!!!!!! I was so thrilled. I called my boss before I left the building, then I called my dear Mamacita! It was such a big thing to get off my list and now I feel a little more confident.

While driving into LA I was suddenly saddened by a few things. The maybe only thing that is nice about driving thru downtown LA is this great art that they have on the sides of the concrete. ART! Muralistic. There is a cop, telling you to buckle up, and there is one of a child in play, and just different types of beautiful art.......and since the last time I had to go down there some stupid ASSES, gang people, grafiti people, whatever you want to call them, destroyed this art with their names and gang slogans and CRAP!!!!! It was disheartening. Someone else painted over parts of the ugly graffiti, but the murals are ruined. WHY are people so stupid. WHY do they think we care where they are from or who they represent and WHY don't they respect the town they live in???? If I was a superhero and had no chance of danger, like had a body armor or something, I'd go hang out there all hours and hide and when these stupid people came to destroy what remaining beauty is in LA, I'd fly over them and pour paint all over them in bright pink and purples and orange and then I'd get black glitter and spray it all over them and they wouldn't be able to wash it off.....like ever!!

The other thing was I was getting something out of the back of my car, and a seemingly homeless guy came up to me and started talking about how he has leukemia and he's from Chicago and all he wants is to get something to eat and he can't believe how the government is letting him just die.... I grabbed about 4 bucks and I told him God Bless You and he walked away. Poor people. If I was a superhero I'd be sure to have lots of ones on me too and I'd go buy the food and pass it out and I'd help them any way I could.

So....tonight I'd usually celebrate with a drinkiepoo but I am on an anti-diet which I'm not ready to tell you about except to say that I feel fabulous and I've lost about 6 lbs. So I'm not feeling sorry for myself, but I'm choosing not to drink to celebrate tonight, but I WILL celebrate! And it was the best timing because Yuki is coming over tonight and my friend, Mamacita and I are having a full body massage! Mine is last so I'm going right to bed after it! But I can't wait!

Now I can start working again on Dixie! Woohoo!!!





5 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Congrats on the test and the weight loss. Also, HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!

Blogger Tori said...

WOOO HOOO! I didn't realize you would know so soon! Was thinking about you today, hoping it wasn't as hot down there and that you were doing well and were comfortable! Yeah, I'm so proud of you! I think it's harder to take a test the second time, yikes!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You finally did it. Yes I'm a lurker but I'm glad you made it and you are doing great with everything else.

Blogger Unknown said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO!! I am so happy for you Michelle!!! I was so hoping that you would pass!!! Now you can relax a little!!!

Blogger Cindy Wilhite said...

Congrats Mitch! I knew you could do it, and am proud of you, and relieved for you too. I know you were sweating it. You rock! Love, Cin

Post a Comment

<< Home