August 5, 2006
Happy News!

I'm trying to not get a head cold, but really fighting this sore throat the last couple days. Taking Airborne which has helped so far.

I am SO HAPPY! I had really wonderful news yesterday. If any of you remember, I've had an ex-boyfriend who's been a friend for over 20 years and he has had some major problems with alcohol. It got to the point where he lost his wife, his kids, his home, he had no job. It was just tragic. The last time I spoke to him was when my Father was so sick and it was a really ugly conversation between us and I told him once again, DO NOT call me unless you have been to rehab and living a sober life because I cannot help you. Well I had said it so many times why would it matter and I'm not saying that this has anything to do with me because it doesn't but I have not heard from him since that conversation which has been at least 3 months. He doesn't even know that my Father died. Nobody has heard from him, his cell phones are disconnected, the old home phone was disconnected. My friends who also know him, nobody has heard from him. So my friend called his brother finally and Rob was in Rehab!!!! and he's done with Rehab now and in a halfway house. And to me I think that is a very promising sign because instead of going back to whatever life he has waiting for him from Rehab he decided to go to a halfway house and transition and I'm thinking that maybe this is his time to get healthy and to live life. I cannot tell you how glad I am to hear this news. I was afraid he was homeless and miserable somewhere. I don't know that I'll hear from him anytime soon, but I'm happy he's getting healthy.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home