September 5, 2006
Long sigh.......

What a mess... Dixie's grandma came by to visit tonight and instead of asking me how much she OWED me, she gave me a thank you card from Dixie's mom as if I made the blanket from me. I guess there's a lesson to be learned from it, but I'm so disappointed because I put a lot of time into it and I was happy to have my first commission and it just turned out so wrong. Perhaps I should have been more assertive, but I kind of feel like she just showed bad character by not asking how much? She asked me to make it, she said at the beginning to let her know how much the yarn was. Perhaps I should have tonight, but I was thinking maybe the note was from her and maybe a check or cash. The other problem is that she is like a family friend, I've known her forever and you kind of give people like that the benefit of the doubt. Well, OK, for now, I'm terribly disappointed, but I suppose I'll get over it. Dixie (the baby) is here and mom and baby are doing well, I'm happy about that.





2 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

That stinks!! I would just say...Oh yeah I forgot to tell you how much the yarn was...it was x amount. You deserve at least the cost of the yarn. Geez!

Blogger Tori said...

I would have been dissappointed too! She definitely should have asked you! It's harder to do these kind of things for people you know. They sort of expect you to give as a "favor" to them and it's worse if they don't understand how much work it is.

Post a Comment

<< Home