December 18, 2006
I allow change to occur without resistance or fear. I am free.

Pretty good weekend. It rained. I love it! I got some more bead and wire knitting done and we finally got our tree up! What a feat. Something like that should be so simple, but no.... We have to put the tree on a table and the base was about 1 inch too big, so Mamacita went to an unnamed home center to get a square cut of wood. So voila, we got the tree up. She asked me if I knew where my ornaments were and I knew they were in the garage with all my other stuff, but it was destined to be because I went in the garage and the box was right there and i didn't even have to move anything to get it out! So we have an all pink and silver tree and it's simply gorgeous. I took pics and will post tonight. We needed a little change on our tree and Mamacita absolutely loves the tree. I think the other colors and ornaments made her miss my dear Dad too much. Now she wants to get all pink and silver paper for next year...I say why not!

I also made 2 batches of peanut brittle, which set up just fine. And I made caramels that I will cut and wrap tonight. Still have to make those marshmallows.

As a gift to all of you I'm posting our Peanut Brittle recipe. This is a tried and true recipe and in our family it is not Christmas until a batch of this perfumes the house. You need a really good and sturdy pot to make it in. We use the bottom of a small pressure cooker. Enjoy and if you make it, tell me how it comes out, k?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

peanut brittle

2 cups sugar
1 cup corn syrup (white Karo)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups raw peanuts, no skin
1 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda

In heavy pot put sugar, corn syrup, water and salt. Over high heat, heat until hard ball stage , stirring almost constantly with long handled wooden spoon. Use candy thermometer to check when at hard ball stage or get a cup of ice water and drop some in, if ball is hard, proceed.

Add peanuts and butter and continue stirring. Peanuts will roast. When they are light brown and you can smell them, it is done. Take off the heat. Be quick on the next 2 steps. Add in vanilla, stir well. Add baking soda, it will foam up, stirring. Pour into a buttered sheet pan. Let sit until set, break into small pieces and enjoy. Happy Holidays!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Promise I'll post pics of the tree tonight!...

Labels: ,






1 Comments:

Blogger Tori said...

I can't wait for the picturs, it sounds wonderful! Are you on the latest version of blogger? I haven't upgraded and am scared too. I don't want to lose my template. Happy Holidays and Thanks for the Peanut Brittle recipe.

Post a Comment

<< Home