December 26, 2006
I give to life exactly what I want life to give to me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a nice Christmas if you celebrate. For that matter, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza...i'm so politically incorrect i guess, i'm not even sure of the proper greeting for Kwanza. Let's say "Happy Whatever You Celebrate" and if you don't celebrate, well, I hope you are having a wonderful week! ;)

We had a really nice Christmas despite it being the first holiday season without Dad. It was different, we thought about how he was like a kid at Christmas. He loved having everyone over and he loved to see the kids. He'd open up a gift and you thought he was 12 years old, his eyes would light up. So we talked about him a lot and we laughed. We found out that my cousin thinks he's trying to get her to quit smoking by taking her cigarettes and breaking them. And he'd laugh about it because she gets spooked. Mamacita did really well over the holiday. We went to my Aunt and Uncle's for Christmas Eve and had a great time! Great food, great to see my cousins. We had a fun gift exchange and it was a special time. Christmas morning we had our traditional champagne and peaches, coffee and got the Christmas tunes going and then we were ready to open presents. Santa was very nice and generous. I got 2 knitting books which I'll post pics later but I have so much knitting inspiration I don't know where to begin... Later Christmas day our family friends came over and we had a Prime Rib dinner which was wonderful and it was so great to see them and spend the holiday with them.

We're very blessed, my family.

Back at work today...bummer :( No shopping for me, but I may have to still go after work! :) We have a temp in today to help out and she's great so it's going well.





1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Snip said...

Hi MitchyPoo! Sorry it has been solong since I have visited. Life has been busy, which leaves no time for computer reading. I love your positive headings, sounds like things are going better. I am off now to catch up on your posts!

Post a Comment

<< Home