February 18, 2007
I deserve inner peace, and I accept it now.

Having a lazy Sunday and that is my favorite kind of Sunday. I do plan to get cleaned up and dressed today...but not yet, it's only a little after noon! Still have coffee to drink and a paper to read.

We had Sausage Gravy and Biscuits this a.m. Yum yum! Here's the recipe for the sausage gravy, it's so easy to make and very satisfying.

Sausage Gravy

1 tube Jimmy Dean Sausage w/Sage (gold label)
1/4 cup flour
2 to 2.5 cups milk (whole milk or lowfat w/some half and half)
1/4 tsp. pepper
Biscuits

This is a one pot meal. Brown the sausage in a heavy duty, high side dutch oven, breaking it up and browning over medium to medium high heat. Then add 1/4 cup flour and let the flour brown, about 3-4 minutes. Then add milk and lower flame to low. Stir and get some of the goodies off the bottom of pan. It will thicken, add pepper. The sausage has enough salt or salt to taste.

Make your favorite homemade or canned biscuits, split in half and spoon over. Enjoy!

I got some Noro Garden Silk Lite yarn from ebay and I made another Argosy scarf. Pics to follow, i'm going to try and block today. I have a mental block about blocking, it seems so difficult, but i'm sure it is not. Must learn to block, I have many projects I need to block.

We may get another cat! Mom and I talked about it and we think Tom needs a pal and she'd like another one so I found a place that adopts cats and I called and asked if they had any polydactyls (extra toes)like Tom because mom wants one and she thinks they are more laid back and they do have that reputation, they didn't have any polys at the time, but she called me yesterday and they will have 1, maybe 2 available. So we are going to the beach on Sat. morning to go look at them. One is a red tabby and the other is a white siamese mix with lilac ears, interesting. We'll see what happens. The only concern I have is that they will eat together and it'll be harder to regulate Tom's food while I'm trying to get him to lose 3-4 lbs. But maybe he'll get more activity and it won't be an issue.

Labels: ,






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another cat is a great idea. One word of caution about white cats....although I'm not certain it would apply to siamese. White cats are usually deaf. I read that a while back and had it confirmed by several friends. Also, in my experience, females seem to be more adaptable. My male cat who passed away recently never warmed up to us and we had him for 19 years.

Good luck.
Mammy

Post a Comment

<< Home