February 5, 2007
Promised pics!

It's officially Monday a.m. but I promised I'd post pics, so here you go. And I need some advice. I went to a yarn store on Saturday that I've been wanting to go to for awhile and I was looking for Noro Silk Garden and they had a small selection. There is a scarf that I've been wanting to knit for a while. It's Argosy, from knitty.com. So I bought 2 skeins and I could hardly wait to get home to get started. I actually knit until about 1 a.m. last night, I was really into it. So today I started the 2nd skein and the join was perfect as far as color goes.... well, here is the scarf so far


So see the purple, how it has 2 repeats and the yarn joined in the light purple and the 2nd skein I found out has the one purple repeat and then no more purple...so isn't that going to look awful? So I called the yarn store and they can't help me because they are too busy but she told me I can't exchange the yarn because I pulled it out of the skein...but she'd take a look if there was another color 244 and let me know. Maybe Tuesday. So needless to say, I was going to tell you my take on this store, but after I discovered that their customer service sucks...well, I guess I'll keep it to myself. I'm hoping they will exchange it or I just may publish to blogland how crappy that store is...unless they redeem themselves. But what do you think? Should I go somewhere else and get another skein or I could frog to the join and knit from the other side and then the purple repeat will be on the other end of the scarf.



So then I got the bug and decided to frog the other scarf, the VK one and use the same pattern because I love the pattern of this scarf and the other pattern that was to be a braided scarf was so tedious I thought I'd never get thru it.


And finally, Tom has a new cat pad and this thing is so cool. It has a center that warms up without electricity. He absolutely loves the thing. I got it from Drs.Foster & Smith and I'm so happy I got it for him.

Labels: ,






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the red one is gorgeous!

Mammy

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I love the scarfs!! Your kitty is sooooooo pretty!

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

OMG I said SCARFS. I love the SCARVES! LOL!

Post a Comment

<< Home