February 7, 2007
Today I choose to see myself in the most positive ways.

My Fortune Cookie told me:
Flee at once, all is discovered.
Get a cookie from Miss Fortune


Californians are kind of funny. I'm originally from Southern CA, but after living about 5 years in central Oregon and about 5 years most recently in Minnesota and now being back in Southern California, I don't quite get it when people complain about the weather. I get the weather updates on bloglines and I always look at Minnesota and the other day I think they a high of -9....BRRRR. I actually had someone come in yesterday complaining about the heat. It was almost 80 degrees yesterday, but I am thankful. Today it's overcast and foggy and will be raining sometime today, but I'm still thankful. It is Winter after all people. And if it does rain, all of sudden you see the news and it's STORM TRACK...and all this other over the top coverage. It's raining....big deal. Slow down and shush your mouth.

It looks like the unnamed yarn store does have truly horrible customer service. They won't exchange the yarn, they told me that it was how Noro is and it's part of the "charm". I told her that I had never used Noro before and I did not find it charming at all. I will not go back there. Why should I spend money on another skein only to maybe find the same problem? I will maybe turn the skein around, knit from the outside and have the last purple repeat on the end of the skein. Or I'll find another project for that yarn.

My uncle's services were last night and today in GA. I sure wish I could be there for my cousin. Well for all of them, but especially for her and her daughter. It's been a week of doom. No kidding, on Monday, I had almost 3 back to back calls about someone dying on the policy, or verifying information and the person is gone, it was really odd. And then yesterday my childhood friend told me that she lost her 43 yo sister-in-law, died in her sleep and they don't know yet why. Makes you realize that it can happen to anyone and at any time.

I made a decision for the month, that I would not eat fast food. It's just a conscious effort to stop the daily morning and lunch tendency to pick something up quick. It's only the 7th but I've done really well. It's not a rule or law so if I do it's OK but it's made me feel better even just this week to be conscious of it. And it definitely keeps me more on track. My body is craving carbs because I got my monthly, and I didn't bring lunch, so I think I'll eat out, which is OK, as long as I don't allow myself to go back to the daily thing. It's a different thinking for me. Instead of thinking that today I screwed up or blew it, I'm going to eat out, enjoy it, and then continue my quest not to do fast food like before. Baby steps. And a leap in a muddy puddle once in a while.

I finally won an ebay auction for a copy of Mason Dixon Knitting. What a cool book! It's a must have I think. And I also bought but haven't received yet a copy of this! And all because of the pompom rug that I must make! Must make, it is so darn cute! Looks like I'll have to go a pompom maker now.

Enjoy your weather today, even if it's rainy or cold. Sounds like a good reason to keep indoors, knit, and cuddle with those you love.





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good resolve about the fast food, Michelle. Keep up the good work.

I agree about the weather. It's single digits, here, in my neighborhood. But you can't stay inside! I'm meeting friends for lunch. We're going to a place called Benedict's that serves breakfast all day long.

Ahh, the joys of being an old retired person!

Have a good one.
Mammy

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

I'm really sorry for your loss Hugs!

Blogger Tori said...

I like your resolution, I've heard it takes two weeks to form a new habit, You're half way there! So sorry about your Uncle and his family! Hugs, Tori

Post a Comment

<< Home