May 3, 2007
Interview me!

This interview process I saw on Topchamp's blog and so here are her questions for me. Thank you Ceri! I'll be happy to reciprocate, just follow what it says at the end of the post.

  1. How did you get into knitting? (it seems an important part of your life) I originally learned how to crochet as a young child because my paternal Grandmother lived with us and was an avid crocheter. So i learned when I was about 6 years old, I don't know when but I always loved the look of knitting and so I taught myself. I would pick it up as a young girl, put it down and forget it. I worked on a sweater when I was in my early 20's on this putrid salmon color ugly synthetic yarn and I hated it. I put it down. Then when I was 26, separated from my husband, I picked it up again to keep me busy and figured out that I was twisting stitches and that's why I hated the look. When I figured it out finally on my own, there was no stopping me. Knitting I credit with saving my sanity. For me it's an art and it's therapy. It's part of my life and always will be, I can not imagine ever not knitting.
  2. You're a very crafty person - what are you most proud of making/knitting? This is a hard question. I've taken pleasure in making many things I've made with my hands or making it by scratch in cooking. So it could be the bread I would make weekly from scratch, no machines. Or the bagels or crackers I made. Or real blueberry jam. Or the yarn I made with wool right off an animal that I washed, carded, dyed and spun into yarn and knit into an object. Perhaps I'm most proud of the yarn that I'm able to make. It makes you appreciate it all the more when you spend so many hours in the preparation.
  3. If you could have a perfect day out, where would you spend it and what
    would you do?
    It would start by waking up on the right hand side of my special someone in the crook of his arm. And I'd wake up when I wake up, no alarms. And then he'd bring me a nice cup of coffee with cream and Splenda and he'd bring me a rose from the garden ~ just because. Then I'd make a nice hearty breakfast, read the paper and then we'd hop in the car and drive up the coast on a beautiful sunny day. We'd stop when we wanted to, to look at historical sites, or stop to enjoy the view. We'd stop at a quaint restaurant for a casual but nice salad and a glass of wine for lunch. Good conversation and romance. Then we'd continue on our drive, sing to our favorite tunes with the top down. We'd finally decide to stop at a B & B for the night. It will be casual but elegant and welcoming. I'd go buy a nice dress and sandals to wear for dinner and we would have a lovely time at a seafood restaurant, watch the sunset together and go to bed to enjoy sweet dreams.
  4. What is your greatest strength or weakness? I try to be positive so I won't discuss a weakness, but perhaps my strength is that I'm....wow, this is hard, how do you answer without sounding like an ass? I was going to say my strength is my honesty, but truthfully that could also be my weakness as well.
  5. Describe your dream home? My dream home would be on acres and acres so I have no close neighbors and they can't see in my windows. There would be merino sheep on the property and a couple gentle riding horses, a milking goat, laying hens and ducks. The house would be 2 story, with an elevator for my brother. It would be cottage style or Victorian but have all modern conveniences. There would be a finished basement with a really cool laundry area. The style would be casual and comforting, the kind of place you walk into and say, ahhhhh. Everyone would feel welcome and want to sit and have a cup of tea or wine and chat. It would have a view of the ocean. There would be a loft upstairs that would have all my knitting and spinning items and also a table loom. There would also be an easel with oil paints, all shades of the rainbow, brushes, etc. There would be lots of light with stained glass windows and lead corner pieces. The kitchen would be huge and comfy and have a wood stove built in plus a restaurant style gas burner stove oven and all the other doodads. The bedroom would be my oasis, I'll have a reading chair facing the ocean with it's own light. The bathtub will be a huge walk-in with jets that you walk up to and will face a fireplace that is open-ended into the bedroom. Everything will be comfy and squishy and clean, organic, natural fibers.


If you want to continue, here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Labels:






2 Comments:

Blogger TeaMouse said...

Your dream outing sounds wonderful!

Blogger TopChamp said...

Hello, It was so hard to think of questions to ask... sorry I chose not to go down a funny route but your answers are lovely! I want that day out too...

Post a Comment

<< Home