July 23, 2007
I know that I am worthy of love.

Somebody suggested I rent the movie Super Size Me and if you haven't seen it, I highly suggest it. It's a documentary by Morgan Spurlock, and it's eye opening. He resolves to eat McD's for 30 days, 3 meals a day and if they ask him if he wants to supersize he has to say yes. It shows him during that month, he's monitored by 3 doctors and it is really amazing. He gained 24.5 lbs. in 30 days. It took him over a year to get rid of it. He became addicted to the food and I heard that to this day he still craves it. I needed to see it, I have a problem with fast food and I know it. And I feel like crap most of the time.

Awhile ago when I was truly eating healthy, I couldn't believe how much better I felt even after a weeks time, but then you stop once because of some life situation...and then you stop again because it's convenient or I'm lazy...it's a vicious cycle and I hate it.

I have started a trial membership at a gym closer to my work and I can go 3x a week, my goal is to go no matter what, even if all I do is walk. That would be an improvement.

Had a bummer weekend, not feeling well again. In fact, I thought Mamacita might have to take me to Urgent Care at one point. I'm having bad lower abdominal pain. It was all day Saturday and Sunday. The only thing I accomplished this weekend was some crocheting to repair my best bud's daughter's blankies and I made crock pickles.

And Little Bit, the kitty, has found a new home. Mamacita found someone who wanted him and although I was sad to see him go, I was OK with it. Tom was just so upset and crabby about the kitty. Tom by the way, is going to the vet today to have his meower checked. He goes to meow and it's like he has laryngitis. He seems ok, but I want to make sure.

It's raining and muggy today, I love it!





2 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

I started a diet to loose weight about easter and lost 3 stone, I was keeping an eye on my calories and not eating carbs after 5pm. I have ME and found that the fresh fruit and veg and lack of carbs late at night really helped with it as well as helping me loose weight. Over the past couple of weeks we have had little money and I've not been sticking to it and my ME has flared up again pretty bad. I truley believe that a healthy diet can be a great help to chronic medical conditions. I am glad the kitty has found a good home and hope tom is ok.

Blogger Tori said...

I want to see that movie too. I accidentally watched "Fast Food Naion" awhile ago because I had mixed up the titles. I was so confused until Steven told me what was up. Fast Food is horrible and my paranoid self makes me think they put something in there to make people addicted to it! Anyway, I'm up in Northern CA rooting for you!
You have such a great attitude about Little Bit! It's hard to see them go but you think of the life they get to have for fostering them and it sure makes it worthwhile! Take care my friend! Tori

Post a Comment

<< Home