August 15, 2007
SP11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love sock yarn and lace yarn, i prefer natural fibers but I'm not a snob about it. I use several mixes with nylon, etc. Especially for socks. I'm interested in sea silk, I've never used it.. I've used a yarn that had chitin in it, that was cool. The only yarn I really don't like is the old-fashioned all un-natural yarn that is scratchy and if you took a match too it it'd pool into a plastic mess.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Oh embarrassing....are you suppose to store them? My current method is to have them all in a medium size basket, larger ones with one end out. I'm putting them in there while trying to log them on Ravelry. I thought that was rather organized of me...hehe.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit from my Grandma when I was really young, like 6 or 7 and she never knit but I always liked the look of knitting so I taught myself or tried to when I was in my teens. Then after a marriage separation I took it up again to occupy my mind and I've been knitting ever since. So it's been about 17 years that I've been avidly knitting.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do, it's on my sidebar, but I think I have to update them.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I have to pick just one? I like natural scents, like peony or fig, i love mint and citrus scents. I'd say I like green scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do, but I'm watching what I eat. For a total indulgence, my favorite is white chocolate Lindt truffles.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do spin, I have an Elizabeth Ashford wheel but I haven't done it in awhile. I also know how to use a drop spindle, but I love the wheel. Other crafts I like are beading, tatting with a tatting needle, any of the needle arts, cross stitch, needlepoint.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music, truly I do. Current favs are Amy Winehouse and Joss Stone. I like Country, R&B, Blues, Jazz, Pop, Rock.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all colors. Sorry, know that doesn't help. I tend to pick pink, purples and greens. My current personal favorite is aqua, turquoise.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm divorced, live with my Mother because my Father passed away last year, my handi-capable (per my brother, who told me he is NOT handicapped) brother comes home on weekends. We have 1 dog and 2 crazy cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Ewww, ponchos, but yes to scarves and hats. Being in So Cal, I don't have much need for mittens anymore, but they are cute.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and lace.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, an MS3 stole, baby booties, kitchen towels, a sweater.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love anything handmade.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like to knit socks on circs usually but i also use dpns. I really don't have a needle preference, I like them all. I'd knit with toothpicks if I had to. I do like those lighted needles, they are kind of cool.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Own yarn winder, but cannot find it for the life of me, dang it! I have a niddy noddy but not a yarn swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Oh lord....a couple years I guess. Oh unless you count that stupid bedspread I started making for a bf in high school...
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas...love it! Friends, family, food, gifts, decorations. Only hate the stress of it.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn...stitch markers, magazines, books, Boyd's Bears figurines and soft sheep stuffed animals.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Loaded question. Well, I'm on a yarn diet, so until I lose the next 5 lbs., no yarn buying for me and it's killing me! I'm having yarn withdrawal. Francis Patrick yarns, on my sidebar are my favorite sock yarns and I'm sure she misses my regular business too! I kind of want that Stitch and Bitch Nation book too, a lot of people reference it for cat toys.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
No, none I can think of. Not that I know how to do it all either.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Definitely, love socks! I wear a US8.5 or 9
23. When is your birthday?
March 7
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, I love Ravelry! I'm mitchypoo

There you go, gosh, I haven't gotten my pal yet, we are suppose to get it by today. Will have to be patient and check tonight if I've received my Pal. Can't wait to get to know that person and spoil her/him!

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home