November 16, 2007
Friday's Feast


Appetizer
What was your first “real” job?
I think it was when I worked for a Title Company and I did order processing. It led to another really great position and was the beginning of my career.
Soup
Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?
A yarn store is a great place, or a museum works.

Salad
Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when…
Someone compliments me. I try to be gracious but I'm not really good at excepting a compliment.

Main Course
What values did your parents instill in you?
They taught me to be honest and have integrity and to work hard and have good work ethics. And they taught me that it's good to care about people.

Dessert
Name 3 fads from your teenage years.
1. Jeans that didn't have a zipper or buttons, they looked like a football seam with a zig zag string, they also were wide leg. 2. Really big hair, permed and highlighted and BIG! 3. Ralph Lauren perfume, the pretty red square bottle. Everyone wore it I think.

Labels:






21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great feast! I guess we must be close in age 'cause I totally remember the big hair! Ugh!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the flashback of your dessert!! I would LOVE to visit a yarn store but there is not one for hundreds of miles!!

Blogger Melli said...

WOW! I don't remember ANY of those fads! They must have happened while I was raising toddlers! :)

Blogger Jen said...

Great feast!! Thanks for stopping by mine! I hope you have a great weekend!

Blogger bonggamom said...

A yarn store? You must be a great knitter!

Blogger Natalie said...

You learned some great values from your parents!

Blogger Siani said...

I get quite embarrassed at compliments, too, and get so tongue-tied I must seem really ingracious. Have a great weekend!

My Friday's Feast is up at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I remember the jeans, I remember the hair...but, I can't recall the RL, red bottle of perfume.

I had the hair and perfume, but you lost me on the jeans. Then again I lived some in Oklahoma and well...you know....

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yarn store? So you love to knit eh? :)

Blogger Unknown said...

Great feast!

I guess I'm a bit older than you.

Feel welcome to visit me at:

Laane's feast

Blogger Patti said...

Great feast. I think I may have owned a pair of those jeans! Egads! Happy Friday!!

Blogger Linda said...

I don't remember those jeans, but I sure remember the perfume!.

Yummy feast.

Blogger Liz said...

Great feast! Mine is up as well. Feel free to visit... happy weekend!

Blogger Tawnya Shields said...

Happy Friday!
I recall those big hair days. The hairspray companies made millions off of us.

All of your feast was yummy.


Have a great weekend.

Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

Oh yeah, I remember those jeans!!

I'm the same on the salad. Nice main!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what to do with yarn. That gene skipped right over me.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed feasting here. It's fun to see all the fads that have come and gone and come again...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great values for your main course.

I remember the big hair but not the jeans or perfume.

Happy feasting!

Blogger **"Liza"** said...

yummy feast here.ohh perm hair my mother love perming our hair when I'm younger "i hated it!"..happy feast!

Blogger Janice said...

I don't remember those jeans.. I do remember when we would open the side seam of our jeans from the bottom and add a triangle of fabric to make them bell bottoms! Now THEY were way cool! ;-) I am uncomfortable with compliments.....

Post a Comment

<< Home