November 25, 2007
Possum yarn

I saw something this morning on a blog, it was someone showing off her swap goodies and she had 2 skeins of this beautiful yarn. I saw the name and couldn't believe it. It was merino possum. Yes...POSSUM! What? Here's a brief history of the fiber which comes mainly from New Zealand. And here is the yarn I bought today! I got the beautiful maroon color and I can't wait to see it. You see all kinds of stuff in blogland, but it really hit me that I've never heard of this yarn.

I also did some online Christmas shopping, I love sitting on the couch and shopping, it's the greatest thing.

I think I'm coming down with a cold, but I'm not sure. I've thought this so many times and then it goes away. I've been having a sore throat and sneezing, just feeling puny. I took a nice nap this afternoon.

We're getting a security system installed tomorrow at the house, we'll all feel better. Our neighborhood is really safe, but our next door neighbors were broken into last week. They didn't take anything so it was probably kids looking for money.

We didn't get our Christmas decorations up this weekend, we'll have to get it done during the week. It'll be here before we know it. But I did get our street lamp decorated, isn't it cute! My neighbor redid the wiring for us this a.m. and it looks even better.
And here's a couple cute cat pics of our crazy cats!

Labels: , ,






4 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

Great pics! Especially the beautiful green eyes with the red fur!

Blogger ~Molly~ said...

Ooooh, I made a nice big scarf from a cherry hill possum yarn(no longer available darn it). It is soooo soft and warm. Wish I had more of it, someone gave it to my mom, leftovers from an afghan.

Molly

ps, love the kitties, they are precious!

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Yay for yarn!! Your kitties are too cute :)

Blogger mehitabel said...

I have some Cherry Tree Hill Possum yarn, in red and black. I think it will be too warm for sweaters for SoCal, but maybe it will work for my family in Denver and Conn. Your cats are adorable--I miss my ginger boys, and have said for years the "next cat" will be a ginger. So we got a tabby, and a Maine coon, and a tuxedo boy. They find us, we don't find them!

Post a Comment

<< Home