January 16, 2008
I recognize my body as a wondrous machine, and I feel privileged to live in it.

I did it!.....I bought all the yarn for the Fair Rosamund pattern! I bought the original yarn in the original colors for the sweater, tam and scarf! I'm so excited...but how am I going to get any socks knitted with this beauty on the needles? How do people whip out these projects so fast, I don't get it. And I'm a fast knitter, but there is not enough time in the day. I see other knitters, people who have kids, and jobs and real lives and in it all they whip out a whole project in like days or a week. What am I missing? And oh, where am I going to hide the 41 skeins of yarn for my dear Fair Rosamund? Any suggestions? Because my Mamacita is going to have a fit when the box is delivered and she sees it's MORE YARN??!! And then the questions will come...what about my wrap you were knitting? What about the sweater kit I bought you 2 Christmas' ago and is half finished?......HUH?.... I'll say...I'm working on it. I just put it down for awhile. I need variety.....Do you not know me? Do you not know the habits of a yarnaholic ADD knitter? (like it's her fault!) Ya, I'll blame it on her because certainly she knows how I am.....I mean, she birthed me, she created this creative knitter.

I'm still working on the Firestarter socks, although I did not do even one stitch last night. Tired and stuck watching American Idol and I need to concentrate on this pattern, so maybe tonight I'll finish one of the pair.

Have 3 projects coming up that I can't wait to tell you about....very soon my lovelies!!

(Can you tell I feel good about life?! Even my love life is better right now!)

Labels:






2 Comments:

Blogger ~Molly~ said...

Of course you need variety in your projects!! Who could disagree?LOL

And, WHO is that model for the Kilkenny?? Hubbahubba! I'm a sucker for a big nose and a beard!

Molly

Blogger Marina said...

I'm no expert but there were one or two changes I made. Like in the medium, I believe I cast on 2 extra stitches so that the "hem" would be symmetrical. I bought 10 balls of cherry for the jacket but had 3 or 4 left over. I ran out of Scotch Broom with 15 sleeve rows of that colour left to do. Could be that I had a "bad" ball as it seemed much thicker. When I remember, I'll put it in the mail for you!

Post a Comment

<< Home