January 2, 2008
I will always buy extra yarn. I will not try to tempt fate.

The title today comes from my reading today in At Knit's End, Meditations for Women who Knit Too Much by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I haven't received my affirmation calendar by Louise Hay because I gave my copy away and had to order another one. So for now I'll use these subjects for my Title.



Happy New Year to you!! I hope you all rang in the New Year in a pleasant way and I wish you he healthiest and blessed 2008! I went to Jul's for the evening and we had a fab time! We had a 4 bone prime rib, cooked to perfection by my Mamacita, Jul's famous garlic bread, broccoli and cauliflower salad, shrimp and crab rangoon, hot links in bbq sauce and a green salad. We also had a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon with dinner and hors d'oeuvres and then we had champagne for the evening. I indulged but I still did OK. I spent the night and didn't have to worry about getting home sagely. We had fireworks about 10 p.m. which was fun. We didn't make it into the hot tub because the heater was on the fritz, but that was OK. It was fun.



I have been doing a group on Ravelry that has steadily grown and we're up to almost 1200 people! It's a great group and a lot of fun. I also started another group just recently called Sock Log. I got the idea because 2008 is the Year of the Sock for me. It's becoming a great group and filled with sock goodness. If you are on Ravelry, please come join us. If you are still waiting, please don't give up, Ravelry is worth the wait.



Today is the 1 yr. Anniversary of the passing of my beloved Simba. I still miss her. Hard to believe it's been a whole year without my love. You can read here about her if you like. What a special dog she was. I only hope she is happy in doggy heaven, chasing squirrels up trees, prancing in the snow and getting snow on her nose.

Labels: ,






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home